Quality Engineer I - WD30082260266
Clarios is the industry leader in smart energy storage solutions. We have 16,000 team members and 56 manufacturing and recycling centers around the globe; producing 154 million batteries annually. Our batteries can be found in 1 out of 3 cars around the world; as well as in heavy duty vehicles, marine, power sports, and agricultural applications.
What you will do:
Support the deployment and application of data management and information systems to facilitate efficient measurement and analysis of key performance indicators that drive quality action for continuous improvement and sustain the overall effective functioning of the Clarios Quality Operating System.
How you will do it:
- Assure that all the customer and organization requirements are met or exceeded to support the organization with world-class Quality Systems
- Support the identification, promotion, and deployment of Quality best practices throughout the organization
- Support the development of policies and BOS procedures to ensure the quality of work in all disciplines and to ensure robust quality processes and ensure compliance with IATF/TS 16949 and Customer Specific Requirements. Having IATF Core Tools is a must or must obtain quickly.
- Conduct analysis of process data using various statistical tools/methodology to assess linkages of product / process characteristics to Quality Metrics.
- Able to work on floor majority of the time performing audits, obtaining data for projects and being lead on conducting projects for cost reduction. Must work with work force to obtain a good working relationship and to obtain the goals of Clarios.
- Accumulate, organizes and implement all data generated through process control techniques or laboratory analysis.
- Serve as Lead Business Support for software tools and systems to facilitate accuracy of SPC analysis and reporting across Clarios plants (i.e. Proficy, Gage Talker)
- Maintain integrity (accuracy) of quality information databases and interface with IT on system implementation/upgrade across Clarios plants
- Support/Maintain databases and reporting systems for vital plant quality operating metrics (i.e. Electrical Compliance, In Process Inspection & Test, Plant Scrap, etc.)
- Issue reports using data which provides process data information that allows a basis for business decisions on key process parameters across Clarios plants
- Facilitate and/or support in process sampling and test plans for verification of product characteristics for customer specific requirements
- Maintain Calibration Standards and support requirements planning across Clarios Plants
- Provide support for Electrical Lab Test Equipment/Testing Recommendations/Lab Technician Training (i.e. Bitrode Test)
- Perform any other duties as assigned
What we look for:
- Bachelor degree in a related field (Quality, Engineering, Industrial, etc.) required
- 1 to 3 years of working experience in quality engineering or related activities in a development and/or production environment, preferable in the automotive industry
- Strong knowledge of PC software applications (Microsoft Office)
- Strong database skills to include experience working with Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong Excel skills to include experience with advanced macro creation and Microsoft Office automation techniques
- Strong analytic capabilities / detail oriented person
- Ability to program in the Microsoft Visual Basic programming language
- Knowledge in the specific requirements of IAFT/TS16949 and customers in the automotive original equipment industry
Clarios, is a world leader in advanced energy storage solutions. We partner with our customers to meet increasing market demand for smarter applications, on a global scale. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture and distribute a portfolio of evolving battery technologies for virtually every type of vehicle. Technologies that deliver uniquely sustainable, next-generation performance, and bring reliability, safety and comfort to everyday lives. We add value at every link in the supply chain, contributing to the progress of the communities we serve and the planet we all share. Learn more about Clarios at www.clarios.com.
Clarios, LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law (supplement), and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please email SpecialAccommodations@tyco.com.
Job Quality & Continuous Improvement
Organization Power Solutions