Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology-based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
The purpose of this position is to provide mineral processing and metallurgical Process Technology engineering and technical support for intermediate systems with moderate complexity.
To be Considered Candidates:
- Perform a broad range of process engineering technology assignments related to the mining industry.
- Plan and conduct work in evaluation, selection, and application of standard process engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Periodically review work of others to assure overall quality of process designs
- Contact and consult with other engineering disciplines within the Company in addition to process engineers and supervisors
- Understand and follow the effort-hours budget and process schedule
- Support execution of the Quality Plan to ensure that work product meets defined requirement and standards, as needed
- Apply mathematical calculations and basic process engineering principals to solve defined problems.
- Other duties as assigned
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site., Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Mineral Processing, or Chemical Engineering and a minimum five (5) years of work-related experience, three years of which must have been in an operating environment within the mining industry.
- P.Eng., E.I.T. registration or eligibility for registration with EGBC
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job-related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job, including
o Interpretation of metallurgical test work
o Ability to read and interpret Process Flow Diagrams. P&IDs and other engineering documentation
o Experience with process simulation software for the development of Heat and Material Balances
o Knowledge of process equipment commonly used in mineral processing or hydrometallurgical facilities.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Familiar with the industry requirements for the development of pre-feasibility and feasibility studies.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English, with demonstrated competent report writing skills
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.