Fruit of the Loom, an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. & leading international basic apparel company, has an immediate opening for a Front End Developer/Designer at its corporate headquarters in Bowling Green, KY.
Research and develop digital architectures that meet business user requirements while optimally communicating the overall message with a high focus on customer experience; Conceptualize and develop wireframes and define site layouts with a consistent quality, look and feel following company brand guidelines and development standards;
Front End Development:
Research new technologies and resources for digital properties, making recommendations to team; Assess new standards, technologies and trends formulating strategies and plans for future enhancements
Work with management, and team to develop streamlined design and development processes; Develop design specifications in conjunction with creative management and verify projects are implemented accordingly; Incorporate new standards, technologies and trends to enhance digital properties
Track time spent on projects; Maintain up-to-date and organized local file system and back up projects to server; Update digital properties as directed by business units insuring current content that aligns with brand and merchandising goals; Insure projects are completed in a timely manner within project scope and requirements.
- Strong technical experience specifically in regards to Web technologies (HTML 5, CSS 3)
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or related field
- 3-7 years of previous work experience in creative digital design and front-end development, including implementations from high-level concept design to full-scale roll-outs
- Portfolio review required
Thorough grasp of the principles of design - particularly related to Web
- Understanding of responsive design and best practices for individual devices
- Command of Adobe CS and digital authoring tools
- Expert at retouching/color correcting digital photography
- Advanced knowledge coding of CSS and HTML
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Thorough understanding of Web Accessibility
- Knowledge of HTML e-mail best practices
- Thorough understanding and previous use of Content Management System(s)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contributions
- Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Assume additional responsibility without being asked
- Follow through with commitments and foster mutual trust with fellow employees
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Team player with a positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proactively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
- Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels
We offer competitive pay & benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance, vacation, holidays and 401k.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protect veteran status, disability or any other protected status.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.