The RIchman Group of Oregon is currently seeking a an Acquisition Associate for our Portland, Oregon office who will be responsible for preparing financial analyses related to multi-family acquisitions and syndications that qualify for low income housing tax credits and supporting the acquisitions team to take investments through the acquisitions process from proposal letter to closing. The successful candidate will be highly organized, extremely detail oriented, self-motivated, an effective communicator as well as demonstrate the ability to respond to changing workloads and priorities.
Here at The Richman Group our mission is to pursue real estate investment, development and property management opportunities responsibly and with integrity for the benefit of our residents and their communities while optimizing economic returns for our investors, developer clients and partners. Our developments are designed with a concern for the environment and the communities in which they are located.
- Perform financial analysis within syndication models and property level acquisitions
- Assist with underwriting multifamily developments financed with LIHTC
- Review and analyze development and operating proformas, tax credit applications, financial
statements, construction and environmental reports, and market studies to help determine project
feasibility, strength of development partner, and financial return
- Organize due diligence materials and maintain closing checklists to track documents
- Draft investment transaction summaries and investment committee acquisition packages which
set forth all applicable business terms and development team descriptions and transactions pros
and cons. Coordinate pre and post-closing comments and questions from investors.
- Interact with asset management, accounting and acquisitions departments. Serve as contact for
general partners to ensure timely, efficient and thorough servicing and closing of transactions.
Interact with legal counsel to maintain closing schedule.
- Assist senior management with special time sensitive projects
- Ad hoc projects as needed
This job description is inclusive of but not limited to the job specifications contained herein.
Additional duties or job functions may be required as deemed necessary by the EVP.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university
Strong interest in multifamily real estate investments, preferably LIHTC and/or affordable
Skills & Certifications:
- Strong analytical skills and ability to organize and critically analyze large amounts of data
- Understanding of general accounting principles with respect to real estate and partnership
structures is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of spreadsheets, cash flow and NPV/IRR analyses
- Must be able to assist in preparing investment summaries
- Proficient in MS Office Programs (Word, Excel)
- Able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and excellent organizational skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines in time sensitive situations while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Must be able to speak and write English fluently and possess strong written and oral
- Flexible to work extra hours as needed
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short-term disability, 401(k), paid time off and bonus potential.
If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity with one of the top Real Estate organizations in the country, we’d like to hear from you!
To learn more about The Richman Group of Companies please visit our website at www.therichmangroup.com