JOB SUMMARY: Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction of tunnel, shafts, and underground systems.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning the work based on the reports, drawing, geological data.
- Estimating cost, equipment, and labor.
- Plan and design structures.
- Basic engineering calculations.
- Inspection of different structures and monitor and report the progress of work.
- Be familiar with the Tunnel Excavation Plan, Tunnel Quality Plan, and Specifications for Tunnel Excavation by Tunnel Boring Machine, Tail Void Grouting, and Precast Tunnel Lining.
- Monitor and Recording data in a field notebook and in excel spreadsheets provided, and record any anomalies.
- Maintain and assist in troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems, SCADA and data networks.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mining, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 0-3 years of related construction project experience; underground tunneling experience is preferred.
- Major GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
- Previous construction internship experience is preferred.
- Background in IT, Electrical, and Mechanical works is preferred.
- School and/or work experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Power Point, Internet Explorer, and AutoCAD.
- Creative problem solving abilities with the ability to develop positive working relationships in a cross functional team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 20-30 lbs and work in a confined space environment.
- Leadership experience, including involvement in Construction related student organizations.
Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, or age. Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is an at will employer. EOE/AA Employer D/V/M/F.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible