Do you like having your mornings free? This position will be a split shift supervisor of a small team from mid afternoon to late evening (before midnight) Do you have CNC & Machining experience to help support operators and trouble shoot problems? Do you like developing people while achieving goals? Please read on!
Sonnax is looking for a Production Supervisor who would help us build a split shift team working mid afternoon to later evening to keep up with our growing demand. for automotive parts. At first you will work first shift to learn how we work while hiring a team to fill a spilt shift schedule.
Plan, direct and coordinate the manufacturing workforce to ensure an efficient execution of the production plan and manufacturing activities while maintaining a safe work environment, producing high quality work, supporting continuous improvement efforts and delivering product on time to our customers.
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities:
· Maintain a presence on the shop floor to support employees, promote performance to established standards and resolve problems as they occur.
o Promote a safe work environment, compliance with safety standards and prompt accident reporting.
o Plan and establish work schedules and assignments in support of production goals.
o Monitor and maintain adherence to quality standards, production time standards and work instructions.
o Foster effective employee relations, manage employee performance and provide employee coaching and development.
o Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, andcompany policies & procedures to staff
o Coordinate new employee training as required to ensure acceptable performance of the individual’s specific job requirements, as well as to develop an overall awareness of company operations surrounding the individual job function. Interpret company policies to employees.
o Review records of employee’s attendance and hours worked within ADP, time off requests following wage and hour laws/company pay policy.
· Responsible for interviewing and hiring new employees as needed.
· Complete and deliver annual performance reviews for employees.
· Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers to troubleshoot or optimize processes.
· Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
· Work with other supervisors and managers to coordinate work in the department and between departments.
· Execute production control tasks in ERP system as required. May include work order packet creation, production tracking, operation validation and corrections and inventory discrepancy resolution.
· Continuous Improvement:
o Solicit and act upon improvement ideas from employees.
o Develop and implement improvements to existing operational procedures in order to improve safety, optimize efficiency and cut operations costs
· Issue resolution related to work duties.
· Ensure proper care and condition of all Sonnax tools and equipment.
· Perform additional functions as requested by management.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School diploma or GED
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing environments with team leadership and/or supervisory experience.
· Knowledge of CNC and metal cutting processes for basic trouble shooting.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills working with shop floor personnel and other departments.
· Strong problem analysis and resolution skills.
· Proficiency in MS Office suite and enterprise software such as Sage X3 and Aras Innovator preferred.
· Proficiency in Shop math.
· Forklift certification.
- Ability to work in and around a manufacturing environment and have no restrictions on wearing safety footwear and protective eyewear.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Able to wear (without restrictions) required personal protective equipment including safety eyewear and footwear.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
We follow county level precaustions.
- Do you have experience & knowledge of metal cutting and CNC operations?
Work Location: One location