Responsible for the generation of CNC tool path programs for turning centers using Unigraphics software.
K*EY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: *
· Determines strategies for various machining operations and designates the proper tooling to ensure quality and cost-effective product delivery.
· Studies and interprets drawings and specifications of jobs to coordinate set-ups and operations in order to provide economical part/product manufacturing that meets quality, quantity, schedule and cost requirements.
· Generates tool paths using Unigraphics (UG) software.
· Provides direction and guidance of set up procedures and machining processes for machinists.
· Communicates with supervisors, engineers, and machinists to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to manufacturing processes, quality, and assembly.
· Support Quality Department in identifying and resolving non-conformances.
· Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Certificate or Associate’s degree in CNC Machining Technology or Programming a plus
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in CNC programming for turning centers in a manufacturing and machining environment. Unigraphics (UG) experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of reading blueprints, interpreting specifications and GD&T
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide and apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 to $40.00 /hour
- CNC Machinist: 5 years (Required)
- CNC Programming: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off