Zephyr is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Air Quality Staff Engineer/Scientist to join a team of environmental consulting professionals in Zephyr’s Austin office. This position is part of a team that assists Zephyr’s clients in establishing and maintaining compliance with state and federal air quality regulations.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Performing air quality and environmental compliance tasks, including preparation of emissions inventories
- Preparing applications for initial pre-construction air quality permits and for air quality permit renewals, amendments, and alterations for submission to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and other federal and state agencies
- Obtaining, updating, and maintaining plans, permits, and/or standard operating procedures
- Defining data requirements, gathering and validating information for emission calculations
- Preparing charts or graphs from data samples, providing summary information on the environmental relevance of the data
- Contributing to ambient air quality impacts analyses utilizing dispersion models (such as AERMOD, SCREEN3 and AERSCREEN) for the purpose of supporting New Source Review permitting projects
- Utilizing software for emissions estimation, regulatory compliance management and/or assessment of air quality impacts
- Communicating scientific and technical information through oral briefings, written documents, workshops, and conferences
- Performing technical work and growing into various aspects of project management, including managing small tasks and projects; preparing small proposals; performing increasingly complex project tasks in support of large projects; and liaising with clients and other Zephyr staff.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or related science degree
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant air quality permitting and compliance experience is required
- Excellent communications skills including report writing, oral presentations, and direct verbal communication
- Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- EIT certification, prior environmental consulting experience and/or familiarity with calculations, compliance and regulatory compliance management software for assessment of air quality emissions and impacts are considered a plus
- Follow Zephyr project safety requirements
- Availability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Valid Texas driver's license
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter describing how you would be the best candidate for this position.