RJH is looking for a technically exceptional and driven professional to work on challenging and diverse geological, geotechnical, and water resources projects within a strong team environment. RJH geotechnical projects range from small geotechnical explorations to large dam designs and construction. RJH manages projects with overall costs ranging from several thousand dollars to in excess of $200 million.
Geotechnical Engineer Requirements:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Civil or Geological Engineering. A geotechnical emphasis is required.
- 5 to 15 years of progressive experience in geotechnical engineering for dams, levees, and water resources projects.
- Proficiency in slope stability, seepage, deformation, and other geotechnical modeling and analyses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead junior engineers to perform field investigations and geotechnical analyses and prepare reports.
- Ability to lead juniors engineers and develop designs, drawings, and specifications for dams, reservoirs, and heavy civil projects.
- Colorado Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain Colorado P.E. within 6 months of hire.
Geotechnical Engineer Job Description:
Work will include development and supervision of geotechnical field investigations, geotechnical calculations, civil design for dams and water resource projects, and report preparation. Geotechnical analyses will include static and dynamic stability analyses, steady state and transient seepage analyses, deformation analysis, and evaluation of field and laboratory test data. Other duties include preparation of design drawings and specifications for heavy civil water resources projects, supervision of cost estimating, and construction administration. Willingness to travel on temporary assignments as needed.
Geotechnical Engineer Benefits:
- Heath Care
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Flex Time
RJH is currently working on an exciting portfolio of diverse dam and reservoir projects. We are eager to add talented, experienced engineering professionals to our team.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Geotechnical Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)