Brillient Corporation is seeking a Network Engineer to support a Federal Project in Ft. Collins, Colorado.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following:
- Provide support for incident, change, problem, root cause, alert, event management as it pertains to Service Assurance deliverables.
- Document customer requests in the ticketing system within established SLA requirements.
- Monitor and respond to the ticket queue. Respond to support requests based on established SLA requirements and defined capabilities, unless otherwise noted.
- Ensure adherence to Service Desk Change Management process and procedures.
- Respond to information requests by Service Desk management. As needed, provide technical input and consultation.
- If necessary, forward documented customer requests to appropriate Federal technical staff per relevant workflow.
- Coordinate and attend meetings and take notes as requested.
- Provide metrics to show the requirements outlined are met as referred to in the contract.
- Ensure current documentation is updated to reflect modifications implemented. This includes diagrams, process and procedural updates. Conduct reviews every six months and as changes occur to ensure all documentation reflects current information.
- Provide input to the strategic and tactical planning process upon request.
- Because of rapid changes in information and telecommunications technologies, the Contractor shall use industry best practices to provide superior customer services in all areas.
- The Contractor shall develop capabilities for the Service Management and Service Assurance/Service Desk sections. The capabilities will include process flows detailing how the management functions will be carried out. At a minimum, the processes shall include inputs, processes, and outputs. The process maps will describe in enough detail the process relationships, interrelationships, and responsibilities with other areas. The expected result of the process flows, and standard operating procedures is to ensure continuity of operations in the event the assigned Contractor personnel are unavailable.
- Support Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) exercises.
- Directly perform DNS changes in the DNS system per guidance and approval from Federal Subject Matter Experts.
- Construct and submit detailed Firewall configuration change scripts as necessary within approved vendor change request systems.
- Facilitate vendor configuration changes as recommended by the vendor and per the approved change process.
- Coordinate & schedule third party installation and maintenance of network hardware, software, and telecommunications services
- Monitor and maintain network stability.
- Communicate and coordinate network schedule and downtime to users.
- Prepare and maintain network documentation
- Manage the integration of vendor tasks, and track and review vendor deliverables.
- Strong analytical and communications skill
- On-Call duty rotation required.
- 3 years of experience in a Network Engineer role
- Familiarity with Federal and Industry standards, specifically National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards.
- Must have knowledge and work experience with Service Desk solutions as well as the ability to read and interpret network diagrams and flows.
- Knowledge and work experience with routing, switching, firewall management and IT Service Desk management.
- Experienced in the troubleshooting of complex multi-vendor network service provider issues
- Expert knowledge of logical network design including DMZs, WAN design and integration, and client connectivity solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in analysis, configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of the following:
o Cisco routers
o Cisco Catalyst switches
o TCP, UDP, ICMP
o Rate limiting
o Quality of Service
o Network routing architectures using protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP
- Strong understanding of IPv4 (IPv6 desirable)
- Ability to articulate and translate complex program concepts into understandable objectives.
- Possession of a moderate to advanced level of specific knowledge regarding Domain Name System (DNS) protocol and related systems and be able to respond to, perform, and advise on customer requests.
- Must have proficient knowledge of stateful firewall systems and ability to construct detailed firewall configuration and change scripts for submittal to vendor managed systems.
- Must be able to guide and assist customers in obtaining approval for Domain name requests and Firewall Change requests.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be organized with attention to detail.
- 3 years of experience with the following is desired:
o FortiGate and Juniper Firewalls
o Cisco IDS with ability to understand intrusion detection and analyze events generated by the IDS system
- Security - Access Control List, Intrusion Detection Systems & Firewalls
- Understand DNS with multiple starts of authority
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Have or obtain ITIL Foundation certification within six months of start
- CCNA Desired
Reasonable Accommodation Requests:
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must have or be able to obtain Secret-level clearance
- Credit Check required
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability—or unable to use—the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-994-4232 and press #1 for Human Resources.
In order to address your request the following information is needed:
- The best method for contacting you back
- The position title
- Requisition/Job Number
Brillient Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets/Any Protected Class).