Located in Clarkston, MI.
RDM Associates (RDMA) provides the venue for individuals that have the desire and drive to grow with a leader in the accounting and software industry. This role sits within the Business Intelligence function and is responsible in assisting in the development, maintenance, integration, data governance and data reporting of our client business data. The job includes coordinating with their team to ensure the full set of solution requirements are met for each client implementation. That can include anything from coding, testing, debugging, designing, implementing newly developed tools, researching, and planning solutions for existing problems within the company. BI Developers are also responsible for building OLAP cubes for online analytical processing. They will work with databases, both relational and multidimensional, and be experienced in reporting and dashboard delivery tools.
As a primary focus of this position is to solve problems, BI developers must always be mining data and presenting it in an understandable way. They should be capable of creating tables and writing reports on their findings, validating data output, and simplifying highly technical language for others in the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Business Intelligence Role:
- Participate in the design, development, and analysis of data architecture for warehousing and cube development approaches.
- Create technical documentation of client database contents, concepts, and mapping between databases.
- Develop business intelligence tools and reports, such as physical data models and dimensional analyses. Including the development of data-cubes and KPI’s.
- Design, code, test, and aggregate results from SQL queries providing information to users.
- Design, implement, and test the data warehouse structure and schemas.
- Write stored procedures and code to implement extract, transform, and load methodologies.
- Design, implement, test, and debug database stored procedures and complex queries to extract, calculate or manipulate information.
- Continue to increase connectivity between these systems, build automated workflows and data checks to constantly improve the execution, data integrity and accurate reporting of RDMA Clients.
- Contribute to the effective Data Governance of RDMA’s business data. This includes data quality, data management, data policies, business process management, and risk management surrounding the handling of RDMA client’s data.
- Ongoing maintenance of all key BI software systems
- Maintain sound working knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio, Jet Enterprise and all other required and related software elements, Transact SQL language, related concepts, and automation.
- Read and interpret what the customer is saying to proactively identify potential issues and problems.
- Communicate solutions and follow processes to keep customers up to date on system developments.
- Initiate and lead projects from start to finish using sound project management skills.
- Manage own workload and work with the relevant colleagues and customers to prioritize enhancements.
- Suggest and deliver new systems and system improvements.
- Work with the rest of the Business Intelligence Team and fully support them in their roles.
Technical Support Role:
- Coordinate with RDMA client contacts to provide technical support for BI clients, in conformity with their contract with RDMA.
- Follow the internal protocols for response time, ticket entry, documentation, escalation, follow up, coordination and closure.
- Interface as necessary with outside software vendors who will provide support for technical issues RDMA is unable to resolve.
- Actively engage management as to support issues that are beyond your scope of knowledge, will not be able to meet our defined response times, or issues that are too large in scope to complete without additional resources.
- Document key solutions in the RDMA Technical Support Knowledge Base
Where there might be gaps between our BI implementations and client technical support, the following additional tasks will be assigned:
- Assist where necessary on new client accounting implementations
- Assist with other projects as deemed necessary by management
- Assist with day to day accounting activities of a client
- Assist with outsourced accounting technology process improvementsSupervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Core Competencies and Performance Measurements
Additionally, to perform the job successfully, the employee should demonstrate the following to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Knowledge of Job – employee has and demonstrates an acceptable level of technical knowledge to perform his or her job duties.
- Learning Ability – quick to understand, learn, and apply ideas effectively
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and consistency, and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity of Work – meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Ability to Prioritize Tasks – the individual prioritizes, maintains focus, plans work activities, and uses time efficiently.
- Productivity/Deadlines – the individual is able to consistently meet productivity requirements and project deadlines.
- Attitude – the individual shows a positive attitude towards other RDMA staff, clients and towards the work in general. The employee is reasonably flexible when asked to perform a job function outside his or her normal duties.
- Communication Skills – the individual must have the ability to adequately communicate with peers, managers, and customers.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ambition/Initiative – the individual takes initiative to improve the process, product, or overall work environment. If needed, the individual is willing pitches in to finish tasks assigned to others.
- Customer Service – the individual manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to client needs, solicits client feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Integrity – the individual demonstrates ethical behavior and respects the privacy of other employees and clients.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Attendance – the individual’s attendance does not have a negative impact on the company’s productivity or morale.
- Company Oriented – the individual ensures they understand not only their job responsibility, but has a broader view and deeper understanding of the RDMA mission and service model. The individual is expected to follow all RDMA internal processes and procedures as directed by management.
- Professional Appearance – the individual presents themselves in a clean, neat and professional appearance in business attire.
- Moderate to advanced T-SQL
- Experience with the Microsoft SQL Server Stack – SSMS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Data Warehousing and OLAP Database Concepts
Nice to Have
- Experience with Jet Products
- Experience with TimeXtender or other business intelligence tools
- Familiarity with SharePoint
- Active Directory and Windows Server Environment experience
- Experience with financial and healthcare data
- Experience transforming unstructured data into structured
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in computing related discipline or Bachelor’s Degree in accounting with a concentration/minor in computing related discipline
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Must be local to the area. Relocation assistance not provided.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- This is a non-contract position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Microsoft Windows Server: 1 year (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Required)
- Active Directory: 1 year (Required)
- Business Intelligence: 1 year (Required)
- SQL Server Management Studio: 1 year (Required)