As a leader in custom boiler manufacturing, we at Victory Energy not only take pride in the quality of our products but also in the quality of our team members. We have an exceptional group of individuals and are looking to add another Structural and Piping Stress Engineer to the Victory Energy team.
The Structural and Piping Stress Engineer would design and supervise the structural engineering work, piping analysis and stress calculations in support of VEO products. Assist in support of other departments, including Purchasing, Sales, and Aftermarket Parts & Service, as well as new product development.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform structural design, analysis and calculations using VEO standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience with compliance with applicable codes (ASME, NB, NFPA, etc.).
- Perform piping stress analysis and stress calculations using Caesar II.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software to prepare design documents.
- Layout and detail equipment with assistance of the assigned Project Engineer and Designer.
- Coordinate work with outside structural consultants.
- Develop structural standards for VEO equipment.
- Design of equipment, fixtures, supports, and components used in the fabrication of boilers and other equipment in our Collinsville and Cushing facilities.
- Provide design and analysis assistance for improvements to our existing equipment offerings.
- Provide design and analysis assistance in development of new product development.
- Close coordination and communication with other departments is essential. Timely completion of assignments is essential to avoid negatively impacting other departments.
- Help troubleshoot and resolving shop fabrication or job site problems. In addition to fixing the immediate problem, this requires determining the cause of the problem and means to prevent, or minimize the possibility of a reoccurrence of the same problem.
- Use CADWorx to route pipe and generate isometric drawings.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- Thorough experience and knowledge of structural engineering design codes.
- Professional registration as a Mechanical or Structural Engineer is beneficial.
- Previous experience with ASME Section I boilers or Section VIII pressure vessels is required.
- Experience with pressure vessels, power piping, ducting, structural support steel, and/or platforms is required.
- As a minimum thorough knowledge of AutoCad Computer Aided Drafting software, CADWorx Plant, Caesar II, RISA, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good written and verbal skills are required.
- Must be able to relate and communicate well with people with varying degrees of education, product knowledge, and abilities.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- ASME Section I Boilers or Section VIII Pressure Vessels: 3 years (Required)
- Power Piping, Ducting, Structural Support Steel, Platforms: 3 years (Required)
- Structural: 5 years (Required)
- CADWorx: 3 years (Required)