Position: Systems Engineer/Analyst
Location: IRD Corporate Office 702-43rd Street East Saskatoon, SK
Who we are
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 40 years, IRD has diversified both from a market and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
Being a team member of IRD
Join our growing team!! For members of our talented team, IRD offers a comprehensive benefits package with employer-paid premiums, RSP matching, an ongoing commitment to training and monthly team building events organized by our wellness committee.
What does it mean to be a Systems Engineer/Analyst for IRD?
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and enhancing system engineering solutions for IRD Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and providing support to the Project Engineering team for the implementation of ITS projects and providing training and support to the Technical Support team in maintaining existing ITS deployments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of IRD systems, components and products and their application in the ITS field
- Ensure System Design standards are developed and maintained as IRD and OEM technology evolve
- Ensure System Design documentation developed for projects is accurate and complete and is maintained as the state of development progress
- Provide guidance to the Technical Support team to troubleshoot and resolve issues in existing ITS deployments
- Provide input and review of technical training materials for IRD systems
- Work closely with all groups within Engineering (Project Engineering, Software Development, Embedded Software Development, Hardware Design, Manufacturing Engineering and Field Services) to support the implementation of system enhancements to address project requirements and feature requests
- Support on-going work in Engineering in areas such as sensor performance and calibration improvements, identification and qualification of new OEM equipment and systems to enhance IRD system capabilities, and enhancements to system functionality to optimize performance and increase customer satisfaction
- Contribute to the development and improvement of IRD procedures, processes and best practices
- Support the Sales team in preparation of project bids and proposals including analyzing customer specifications to identify and document system requirements, providing engineering equipment and design effort estimates, and ensuring the transition of projects from Sales to Engineering is successful
What do we look for?
- Experience with the design and integration of complex systems involving electrical, electronic and mechanical sub-systems, real-time data communications, user interfaces and system control software
- Experience with data networking including knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, port mapping, VPNs and tunneling
- Experience and facility with network and computer security practices
- Experience with integrating and automating components in complex systems
- Knowledge of data communication protocols
- Experience with Linux, MS Windows operating systems and near Real-Time systems
- Experience with software development processes and testing
- Knowledge of automation and distributed control systems would be an asset
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- A self-motivated team player who can also work independently
- A problem solver with sound decision-making abilities
- Project management experience would be an asset
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline or Computer Science
- At least five years of relevant experience
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary team environment
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please indicate position ‘EN-SE0220’in your cover letter and subject line.
- Extended health care
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Parental leave
- Wellness programs
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year