As the 'home of unique offerings' within SABIC the Specialties Strategic Business Unit is focused on challenging technology endeavors that positively impact the way the world travels, communicates, works and lives. This SBU provides unique offerings such as high heat resins, functional compounds and additives, specialty fluids, nanotechnology and thermoplastics composites to industries such as Additive Manufacturing, Consumer & Industrial, Electronics, Healthcare, Mass Transportation, Automotive and Water Management.
Purpose of Role:
- Provide direction, technical support and a high level of expertise to the implementation of Process Safety Management (PSM) policies, standards and best practices for the Americas/European Specialty Sites; work with the sites to ensure compliance with government regulatory requirements, applicable international standards, internal Sabic Policies/Standards and Responsible Care codes.
- Assist with the development, evaluation, monitoring and reporting of PSM performance targets for the sites; Support the development of actions for improvement.
- Coordinate the implementation of PSM policies, standards and strategy to establish a high level of protection for SABIC operations, incident prevention and compliance with government regulatory requirements, international standards and Responsible Care codes.
- Support PSM auditing of the manufacturing sites (and where appropriate sites in other regions) with respect to PSM implementation, measure performance, and compliance with global SABIC policies and standards and applicable regulatory requirements, including Responsible Care.
- Provide strategic leadership for the upgrades of current PSM programs, including process development, permitting activities, incident investigations, corrective actions and employee education.
- Support PSM aspects of the SHEM compliance audit program; support selection of and training in the use of PSM tools; support investigations of major incidents.
- Conduct Process Safety reviews, including FMEA, Process Hazards Analysis (PHA), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), and fault Tree Analysis.
- Developing guidelines to set control limits for critical operating parameters.
- Collaborating with operations during the design of advanced process control Systems.
- Selecting the correct mechanical integrity level for safety critical devices.
- Help sites to implement PSM improvements.
- Ensures compounding extruder standard and powder standard implementation.
- Ensures Mechanical Reliability implementation in all sites (collaborates with reliability engineers).
- Preferred location is Mt Vernon, Indiana Site.