Must be a Canadian citizen in order to apply.
Engineer Officers help the army live, move, and fight. The primary responsibility of Engineer Officers is combat readiness. Engineer Officers are responsible for:
- Breaching minefields
- Using explosives to destroy a road or bridge
- Constructing a bridge or ferry
- Building a combat road
- Disposal of explosives
- Constructing obstacles
This position is currently available for part-time employment with the Army Reserve within the 37 Canadian Brigade Group in St John's, NL. Reserve members may serve while attending school or working at a full time civilian job. When you join the Army Reserve, you will first have to complete your Basic Military Qualification courses, which may require travelling out of province. Additional training and courses are dependent on your trade.
Typical work commitment is one evening per week as well as one weekend per month, from September until May. Full-time employment opportunities are also available. As an Army Reservist there are no long-term commitments and you do not have to deploy on any operations unless you volunteer to do so.
The Army Reserve offers a benefits package that includes:
- A competitive federal pension plan
- Dental insurance
- Access to fitness facilities
- Reimbursement program for school fees for any College or University Program under certain conditions and to a maximum of $8,000 during your career
In order to apply, candidates must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen;
- Be between 16 and 57 years old (parental consent under 18 years old);
- Have obtained, or be currently working on, a Baccalaureate degree or higher education
For more information regarding part time opportunities or to setup an appointment on how to complete the online application, please call (709) 733 3906, text (709) 351 6225, or by email through this advertisement.
Visit www.forces.ca today to apply online for all Army Reserve opportunities.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Tuition Reimbursement