Vretta is looking for three Software Developers to join our Product Development and Implementation team. This position requires excellent communication skills, creative problem solving ability, and a sound technical ability to be able to understand requirements, develop technological solutions, and maintain systems that support student learning and assessment. As a member of the Product Development and Implementation team at Vretta, the Software Developer must have the attitude and energy to innovate and build solutions that support student success.
- Validate technical requirements and communicate implementation strategies
- Develop features in collaboration with Instructional Designers, Data Engineers, and other members of the development and technical team to deliver projects.
- Use existing code components to implement into new projects
- Maintain and modify existing applications.
- Debug, test, and deploy software implementations.
- Interact with key partners and internal users regarding timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure integration.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process.
- Ensure work progress to schedule and keep (internal) customers informed of project progress.
- Stay current with relevant research, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job.
- Undergraduate degree with at least two years experience in software development.
- Experience understanding problems throughout the software stack and building appropriate solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members.
- Superior time management skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
Experience with any of the following is an asset
- HTML5 Canvas
- Linear Optimization
- Statistical Techniques
- Animation and sequencing logic
- Proven ability to bring design concepts to life with a keen sense for intuitive interactions.
Through innovation in technology, we are creating state-of-the-art assessment and learning experiences that focus on student-success at its core. The user experience is at the heart of our creative process. Our collaborations include academic institutions, research institutes, ministries of education, and examination bodies around the world who drive the re-imagination of what really matters for 21st century learners, and ensure that every student acquires meaningful skills that will serve them in their lives and professions. Every project at Vretta is assigned a highly focused team of designers, researchers, educators, and software specialists who are passionate about making an impact. We welcome you to learn more about what we do at www.vretta.com.
We look forward to hearing from you, but please note that due to the volume of applications that we usually receive for our job positions, only those shortlisted for next steps will be contacted. Vretta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
Expected start date: 2021-05-03
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent