Requisition Number: 540066
Job Category: Software Engineering
San Diego, California US
- Developing innovative approaches, techniques, and solutions in the areas of Automation, Performance Engineering, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery, Service Virtualization, Shift Left, Behavior driven development (BDD) and Test Driven development (TDD) etc.
- Analyzing how systems are being tested manually and identifying opportunities to reduce that time and effort through Automation.
- Designing and creating robust automated test scripts to address business and technical use cases.
- Maintaining, supporting and extending our existing in-house automation framework and automation suite.
- Collaborating with Software Engineering Leaders, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to ensure smooth integration of Quality Engineering solutions into the SDLC (Agile)
- Meets regularly with Engineering leadership to provide metrics on and discuss software automation, quality, CI\CD, and security of our existing applications.
- Researching and staying up to date on the latest tools, technologies, trends and approaches within the QE space and incorporating the ones that make sense.
- Diagnose, debug and perform root-cause analysis of issues and defects
- Actively participate in test planning discussions to assure automation coverage is continuously improving
- Responsible for creating and maintaining various testing platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer science or related field preferred
- Passion for software development, testing and problem-solving
- 7+ years’ experience in QA role with automation responsibilities.
- Must have previous hands-on experience implementing an automation framework of front-end, back-end, and REST API services\applications.
- 3+ Years’ experience with CI\CD processes, tools, and platforms.
- 3+ Years’ experience working with globally distributed teams.
- 3+ Years’ experience working with MS SQL and\or Oracle databases and tools.
- Working knowledge and experience using Agile with Scrum methodology.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Team player as well as self-starter who needs little supervision. Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $55.00 - $63.00 per hour
- SDET / QA role: 7 years (Required)
- Will you be working through a staffing company for this position?
Full Time Opportunity:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19