SHINE Medical Technologies is immediately seeking a Structural Engineer and invites you to join our first-of-its-kind nuclear isotope manufacturing team as we help bring life-saving medicine to the healthcare market! Not only do we offer the excitement of a start-up, but you will also have amazing opportunities for growth and a variety of experiences.
The Structural Engineer offers the opportunity to work designing nuclear-regulated structures to meet estimated load requirements, computing size, shape, strength, and type of structural members. The Engineer will also perform structural analysis of plans and structures.
This position is located in Janesville, WI. Relocation assistance is offered.
- Relocation assistance
- Health and Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Parental Leave
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- PTO awarded for volunteering
- Stock Options
- You will be responsible for the designing of reinforced concrete structures, steel frames and connections, steel shell structures, foundations, and support structures.
- You will also perform structural analysis of steel and concrete structures, foundations, and structural components, for static and dynamic loads, including seismic, wind, blast tornado, and impact loading.
- Additionally, you will plan, coordinate, or prepare design and equipment specifications and evaluate vendors for Civil/Structural design and construction.
- ABET-accredited Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering is required
- Professional Engineer registration is desired
- 3+ years of experience in civil/structural engineering is required.
- Working knowledge of civil and structural design codes and requirements is preferred e.g. ACI 349, ACI 318.
- Experience with field evaluation/resolution of steel and concrete structural design issues is strongly desired.
- Working-level knowledge of the nuclear quality assurance program, e.g. NQA-1, ANSI 15.8 is desired.
- Experience with the development and maintenance of design-related calculations is strongly desired.
- Previous Nuclear Power Plant design/retrofit experience is desired.
- Familiarity with seismic design methodology is desired.
- Basic understanding of design/design configuration, project management, maintenance and procurement processes associated with large industrial plant equipment.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound engineering judgments based on experience and application of good engineering practices.
- Demonstrated strong planning, time management, organizational, and prioritization skills, with the ability to work independently while ensuring that goals and objectives are met.
- Capable of working efficiently and effectively across organizations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel.
- A successful candidate must meet NRC Fitness for Duty requirements
SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
Indeed Hire and SHINE Medical Technologies are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Nuclear quality assurance program, e.g. NQA-1, ANSI 15.8: 1 year (Preferred)
- Field evaluation/resolution of steel and concrete structural design issues: 1 year (Preferred)
- Civil/structural engineering: 3 years (Required)