Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a RDMA Software Engineer!
The RDMA Engineer performs network product design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of software applications. Assignments include development of new programs and subprograms, as well as, enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software. Responsibilities include designing application, writing code, completing programming and developing, and executing testing and debugging routines. You will also be expected to document work and results. Additional duties may include developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated skill to technically influence others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Platforms Group drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field plus 9 years of industry work experience, or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field plus 6 years of industry work experience, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field plus 4 years related work experience.
- 9 plus years of experience of network protocols, PCI devices, and network device drivers.
- 9 plus years of experience in C, C++.
- 6 plus years of experience in architecting and designing Linux storage networking solutions.
- Knowledge of RDMA Protocols (Infiniband, iWARP, ROCE).
- Strong Knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge of offloading networking stacks to hardware/firmware devices.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, San Jose;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.