Swipe left and right to navigate between previous and next jobs.
US NC Morganton
This position is responsible for engineering and maintenance department tasks. This includes capital projects, production and maintenance optimization/troubleshooting, EHS, quality, and associate training. This position serves as the site MOC coordinator, and actively participates in continuous improvement efforts including Capacity Creation and Effective Efficiency initiatives.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
Environmental Health & Safety
Ensures that EHS policies and practices are actively followed at the site; actively promotes ownership of EHS throughout the site.
Ensures OSHA PSM standards are practiced including Management of Change.
Lead or assist in PHA reviews; serves as the site MOC Coordinator.
Actively participates on the EHS committees.
Participate in EHS incident investigations and provides solutions to prevent recurrence.
Assist in the development and implementation of environmental programs and regulations; assists with data tracking/trending for permit compliance.
Recommends waste reduction methods and formula changes to reduce process waste.
Supervise maintenance craftsmen, parts warehouse, purchasing functions and computer system
Serves as Project Manager for plant projects
Maintain plant engineering documentation:
flowsheets, plot plans, electrical drawings and mechanical integrity files (includes PFDs, P&ID s, Operating Procedures)
Direct outside vendors and service providers for project installations
Supervise the Preventive Maintenance and Inspection programs; leads all EIT activities
Ensures maintenance QA/QC activities are timely completed
Ensures SOX and ISO activities as related to maintenance are timely completed
Leads/directs all site maintenance activities
Ensures SAP PM system and MI systems are fully implemented and utilized
- Responsible for engineering aspects for production optimization of the site processes.
- Assist production in troubleshooting efforts, including data gathering and trending.
- Develop computer-based tools to improve efficiency at the site.
- Assist with identification, development and implementation of capital projects to improve safety, environmental compliance, quality, productivity, and cost
- Responsible for management and reporting of plant maintenance budgets and costs
- Identify and implement projects to reduce cost and energy usage and to improve productivity
- Lead process optimization activities in cooperation with other functions
- Lead continuous activities including root cause analysis, predictive failure analyses, capital spares, etc.
- Leads Six Sigma efforts for the maintenance team and actively participates on Site Teams
- Participate in incident investigations and provide solutions to prevent recurrence (Process and EHS).
- Lead and participate in Green Belt Six Sigma teams to improve quality and productivity.
- Uses structured problem solving techniques, analytical tools and teamwork to improve Product quality.
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing as needed to keep departments staffed effectively.
- Assist with safety, environmental, and technical training for the site.
- Recognize good performance and give corrective feedback/progressive discipline as needed; completes annual performance appraisals for unit members
- Assist in development of performance guidelines and expectations.
- Participates in 360 feedback; participates in Leadership Development meetings; serves as a member of the Site Leadership Team; supports and drives continuous improvement activities for the facility
- Presents key performance indicators to leadership staff Effectively partners with production staff; encourages continuous improvement mindset in others
- Participates in IMPACT and ensures unit goals align with those of the site & the Corporation
- Other tasks assigned by Site Leader.
- Will acquire and maintain Morganton Lift Truck License
Minimum 5 years chemical plant or refinery engineering experience.
Must be familiar with safety, environmental and industrial hygiene rules and regulations.
Must have accurate and effective oral and written communication skills.
Must have excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
Must be self-driven with high a level of initiative.
Must possess strong leadership qualities.
Must manage/oversee the status of work.
Must have advanced computer skills.
Ability to lead and influence teams, groups and individuals.
Demonstrated ability to drive associate alignment, engagement, and accountability.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required.
Travel up to 5% to attend meetings / etc.
Walking, standing, sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, talking, hearing and seeing. Ability to enter confined spaces and wear a respirator.
Intelligence, verbal and numerical.
Ability to accept responsibility, adapt to situations involving interpretation of feelings, ideas or facts; to influence people in their opinions, attitudes or judgments; generalize, evaluate and decide; to perform repetitive work; perform duties under stress; adapt to situations requiring preciseness; and to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
- B.S. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent production experience, Mechanical Engineering preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Percent of Travel
Submit to Job