Position: Estimator - Electrical
Location: Casper, WY
Our client is a leading electrical contractorthat services the industrial and commercial industries in the greater RockyMountain region. Their projects include institutional buildings, processplants, large residential homes and everything in between.
Our client is looking for an experience ElectricalEstimator to join their team. The ideal candidate would have experience withlarge scale projects, a Master electrician, engineering or journeyman license.
1. Responsible for all aspects of competitive bid projectsincluding multiple or complex work.
2. Responsible for all aspects of conceptual and budgetestimates including multiple or complex work.
3. Responsible for conceptual design including service anddistribution, mechanical systems, lighting, fire alarm low voltage systems,tele/data, instrumentation and control.
4. Design build projects:
- Meet with design/build team on a regular basis
- Review criteria for selecting “Engineer of Record”
- Develop scope of work and review with electrical engineer
- Provide input on construction issues
- Prepare budgets by developing preliminary one lines,lighting calculations and layout of equipment and systems
- Do trend estimates and final control estimate to make suredesign follows budget
- Develop Value Engineering and other options knowingadvantages and disadvantages of each
- Review budgets with historical information
- Sell Owner/General Contractor on revised scope and budgets
- Review scope and quotations and assist the constructiondepartment in developing schedule
- Bachelor’sdegree in electrical engineering or related field.
- 6-8 yearsexperience as an Estimator or equivalent
- Demonstratedability to determine labor units and make adjustment for level of difficulty.
- Workingapplication of Accubid.
- Intermediatelevel expertise in Microsoft Work/Excel/Outlook.
- Demonstratedability to prepare custom spreadsheets in Excel.
- Demonstratedability to take an estimate from the beginning to a finished product.
- Demonstrated ability todirect, supervise and coordinate responsibilities with an estimating team.
- Must have capability ofmanaging different job tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to buildand maintain client contacts and relationships with owners, developers, generalcontractors, architects, engineers and vendors
· Competitive salary and bonus
· Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
· Vehicle allowance and gas card
· Vacation days
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year