Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Pit Crew Foreman in various locations along the Willamette Valley, Oregon!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead crew in stripping/mining operations.
- Lead crew in weekly safety meetings.
- Make sure all stripping/mining is done in a safe manner also complying with all conditions set in mining permits.
- Operate various types of heavy equipment to include front end loaders, dozers, and excavator (feeding crushers, loading trucks, and stripping overburden), grader, water truck and pit haul truck.
- Maintain own equipment.
- Assist in the yard with maintenance on crusher as necessary.
- Responsible for seeing that all safety equipment is in place at all times.
- Other misc. duties as directed by supervisor.
- Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors observed.
- Usually 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, but will vary depending on work load.
- Must be able to work overtime & Saturdays if required.
- Experience in the safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment.
- Need ability and experience to efficiently lead crew in all aspects of quarry and sand/gravel extraction, stripping and reclamation.
- Must be self motivated and be able to work unsupervised.
- Need positive attitude and the ability to work well with others and follow directions.
- A valid driver's license in good standing.
- Ability to pass criminal background check and pre-employment testing.
Put Your Skills to Work with Us!
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Foreman position:
Pavement and Construction Equipment Journeyman
Pavement and Construction Equipment Apprentice
Pavement and Construction Equipment Helper
Construction Equipment Supervisor
Motor Transport Operator
General Construction Equipment Operator
Rough Terrain Forklift & Loader Operator
Heavy Construction Equipment Operator
Horizontal Construction Engineer
Equipment Operator Basic
Advanced Equipment Operator
Basic Engineer, Construction and Equipment Marine