FOX Factory, Inc. – Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineer III (Advanced Development Team) – Northeast Atlanta, GA 30517
About the Company:
For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high-performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven't stopped racing since. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in — from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year-round. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
FOX continues to push the performance suspension envelope by offering best in class off-road capable electronic suspension in automotive, powersports and bicycle markets.
An exciting role exists for an electrical/mechatronics engineer within the Powered Vehicles Group (PVG) Advanced Development Team at FOX.
The Advanced Development Team creates, develops and implements new technologies for a range of FOX markets including motorcycles, off-road vehicles, ATVs, snowmobiles, automobiles and future transportation modes. The team also functions as a resource of technical capabilities such as computer simulation, data analysis, control systems and electronics proto typing for the rest of the organization. The Advance Development Team works collaboratively with all PVG business groups.
You will be part of a small team that is instrumental in the development of innovative concepts and next generation suspension products. As a member of the Advanced Development Team you will need to be creative, forward thinking and dedicated to advancing the technological capabilities of FOX. Please demonstrate relevant and highly motivated work history.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Electromechanical component and system design
- Design and implementation of embedded systems
- Board bring-up, testing and de-bugging
- Hardware in the loop testing
- Design/build prototypes and proof of concepts
- Creation of design drawings, blueprints and diagrams
- Managing outside contractors and consultants
- Project management
- BS or Master’s in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years as a Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineer or equivalent
- Experience with digital control systems and control algorithm development
- Experience with the implementation of sensors, transducers and data acquisition systems
- Experience with embedded systems
- Familiarity with software tools such as MATLAB/Simulink
- Knowledge of electromechanical valves, actuators, motors and other components
- Good mechanical aptitude and have a working understanding of mechanical design
- Willingness to be hands-on
- Outstanding communication and solid interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Understanding of suspension & shock absorber design
- Mechanical component design
- Knowledge of automotive network communication protocols (CAN, CAN FD, LIN, PSI5 and others)
- Knowledge of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and other wireless communication technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of PCB design, fabrication and testing
- Computer modeling/simulation
We look forward to hearing from you!