Fast growing Engineering firm in Corpus Christi, Texas has an immediate opening for an E.I.T. position in our dynamic, positive and high-energy work environment. We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Each member of our firm is a valued team member and adds to our culture of integrity and dependability. Proactive, self-motivated individuals will find a good career here.
Job Description: Under the direct supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer, the Engineer In Training is responsible for assisting with ongoing design, construction and maintenance contracts focusing on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), traffic signal or other related traffic and transportation engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in developing plans, specifications and estimates for transportation infrastructure projects, technical documentation, and progress reporting.
- Oversee design and delivery of transit, highway and arterial transportation design or consulting duties.
- Support marketing and business development activities for ITS, ATMS and Tolling projects.
- Review field conditions relevant to constructability of design elements.
- Oversee traffic design, ITS design and lighting analysis and design.
- Determine traffic conditions and levels of service to make recommendations for improvements.
- Engineer the design of infrastructure traffic improvements to coordinate improvements that would increase vehicle flow.
- Investigate potential solutions - utilizing prior experience, literature review and product research.
- Develop traffic signal timing and signal optimization.
- Utilizing prior experience, literature review and product research, investigates alternate component technologies or supplies for reduced cost or improved quality and reliability and implements changes.
- Assignments may require occasional travel and/or overnight stays.
Education and Experience: Minimum requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil or Mechanical) from an EAC/ABET accredited college.
- Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) in the state of Texas
- One(1) to three(3) years of related work experience.
- Current Texas Driver's License
- Ability to handle multiple, demanding, and complex projects and deliver work in a timely manner with accurate results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Traffic Signal Timing.
- Knowledge of ITS subsystems and devices.
- Knowledge of current desktop technologies and communications software including Windows, serial communications and TCP/IP concept.
- Knowledge in PASSER 5, VISSIM and CORSIM preferred.
- Working knowledge of CAD - MicroStation.
M-B is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off