CRB is looking for an energetic, self-motivated and innovative individual for a position as a project engineer. The project engineer is responsible for coordinating with others, including client personnel and team members in a variety of disciplines, including architectural, mechanical, electrical, process, I&C and structural, to ensure design requirements are met. Project sizes will vary and will consist primarily of pharmaceutical manufacturing projects, including existing renovations/retrofits and new construction. In addition to the basic qualifications listed, the successful candidate will possess the skills required to successfully execute project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player and have a strong drive to deliver to customers. This person will support project managers and implement concepts and designs on projects. Requirements of this position entail periodic long-term assignments to a client site as directed/needed.
- Bachelor of Science in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related discipline required
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word and Excel
- 1-4 years of experience required, design firm experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in FDA, EMA and other regulatory standards and requirements for manufacturing and packaging processes preferred
- Knowledge in application of cGMP in manufacturing applications preferred
- Design project experience for manufacturing companies preferred
- Present designs to existing and new clients preferred
- Ability to obtain professional engineering registration
- Coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Input on design criteria and equipment lists for complex processes
- Coordinating detailed process description narratives, process flow diagrams and P&IDs
- Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure necessary project details are executed and documented on construction drawings
- Research equipment providers and make recommendations and selections based on client and project requirements
- Research specifications for complex equipment
- Monitor testing requirements and attending factory acceptance tests (FATs) for equipment
- Track projects after construction documents are issued reviewing submittals, answering RFIs and making field visits to verify progression of project scope is proceeding per design intent
- Research packaging materials (e.g. containers, labeling and primary/secondary/tertiary packaging)
- Staying abreast of the latest technologies used in the AEC industry that could be used to solve our clients’ design challenges
This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Team Leader.
CRB Offers a complete and competitive benefit package designed to meet individual and family needs.
CRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V