Every year, we welcome thousands of university graduates from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more and when you begin your career with us, we empower you through the Microsoft Aspire Experience. Those hired into the roles listed below are invited to participate in this two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft’s many exciting businesses.
We’re a company of learn-it-all’s rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Location and travel requirements may vary per role. Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Microsoft Federal Services roles, including but not limited to, those described below:
Customer Engineers (CE) deliver unique value by supporting cross-industry customers (Enterprise, Government, Education, etc.) as technical advisors, and drive customer productivity through increased consumption of Microsoft technologies.
- Cultivates relationships and credibility through strong technical delivery, implementation, remediation, migration, and supportability.
- Develops rapport with customers and the virtual account team (VAT) to manage customer expectations and realize customer business objectives.
- Identifies trends in customer and partner technical implementations and communicates delivery opportunities to local stakeholders.
- Need to be willing to travel 50-90% due to customer requirements for onsite service.
- Travel may be reduced due to local or national public health and safety standards.
- Citizenship Verification: Microsoft Federal roles support the United States federal government. This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Currently pursuing or have completed bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
- Demonstrated self-learner, seeks information about the underlying needs of customers, and builds customer/partner relationships.
- Professional certifications (SharePoint, Windows, MCITP, etc.) are desired.
- At least one year of experience with VB, C/C++/C# and/or XM.
- Displays strong stakeholder and relationship management across senior leaders, partners, and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
The successful candidate must obtain an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance after hire. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination. Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.