High-Speed Optical Transceiver HW Engineer
This is a golden opportunity to bring your electrical engineering skills and knowledge of optics to the forefront. We are an innovative, dynamic and fast growing medium size company serving the largest telecommunications service providers in the world.
We are seeking a hands-on engineer to join our optical transceiver development team to lead hardware design for high-speed optical transceivers at 25Gbps and beyond.
Your role will cover definition, design, characterization and volume manufacturing readiness, including analysis, modeling, simulation, and measurement of optical and electrical performance of optical transceivers.
- Develops high-speed optical transceiver architectures and defines performance requirements.
- Defines system implementation approach, operational concept and electrical/optical interface.
- Responsible for hardware design of optical transceiver with different form factors, i.e. SFP, SFP28 and QSFP from conception to manufacturing.
- Identifies and works with suppliers to select and evaluate key optical and electrical components
- Performs optical transceiver bring-up including tuning and testing, and performance characterizations
- Complete technical documents, including design specification, schematic, test report, BOM, and test instructions
- Support NPI and manufacturing team to ensure successful product transfer and volume production
- Support for sales and marketing teams
- Minimum 5 years of work experiences in high-speed optical transceiver design including analog and digital circuits, from prototype to volume production required
- Demonstrated expertise of high-speed PCB design that include embedded processors, FPGA’s, SERDES, tunable lasers, CDR, TOSA, and ROSA.
- Experiences using Cadence or equivalent circuit schematics capture and guiding PCB layout are required
- Experiences in simulating and optimizing different RF transmission line structures with ADS or Microwave Office are preferred
- In-depth understanding of power integrity, EMI/ESD, and signal integrity of PCB design is required
- Extensive experiences with optical transceiver test equipment, such as sampling scope, real-time scope, network analyzers, and BERT et al
- Familiar with Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) on different high-speed optical transceivers, such as SFP+, QSFP, SFP28, QSFP-DD et al
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Master's Degree (required)
- optical transceiver design: 5 years (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19