This position is responsible for product development of automotive interior/exterior hard and soft trim parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with raw material suppliers to define, develop and improve interior and exterior trim parts, including but not limited to: carpet and acoustic parts, cargo management systems, hard trims, overhead systems, motor bay noise control parts, underbody panels, etc.
- Build prototype parts and conduct trials to improve production processes.
- Develop process parameters to support R&D, quotation, tool design, product/program launch and production.
- Work with sales to promote company products.
- Create, manage and maintain raw material specification, technical data sheets of raw materials, technical data sheets of company products electronically.
- Work with Gissing Group’s global resources to bring product ideas/concepts to commercialization.
- Develop and improve company product competitiveness on cost, weight, function and performance.
- Recommend and implement continuous product improvement measures to reduce product cost in consistence with product requirements.
- Integrate superior acoustical performance into company products.
- Support program build events and launches to ensure parts meet functional requirements.
- Develop and deliver effective customer and internal technical presentations as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or higher
- This is an entry level position. 0-3 years of industry experience in relevant fields.
- Excellent people skills required.
- Ability to work with customers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- Proficient in technical writing
- Must be proficient in calculus, statistics.
- Must be able to reason and solve problems based on technical understanding of needs and procedures.
- Must be proficient in PC and office productivity software (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, etc.)
· Must be highly organized
· Must be excellent problem solver
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place