$2,000.00 New Hire Bonus!!
Relocation reimbursement packages up to $3,000 for this position!
POSITION TITLE: Engineer, Projects
REPORTING TO: Maintenance Manager
LOCATION: St Albans, Vermont
About the role:
Barry Callebaut is a global organization poised for growth; a company which has embraced the vision to delight its customers, while out-performing its competitors, a business which is committed to sustainability, has innovation in its DNA, is a leader in complex manufacturing and supply chain solutions and is focused on being a best-in-class employer. Barry Callebaut seeks diverse and passionate people who thrive in a dynamic environment, focused on continuous learning, living BC’s Values and of course loving chocolate.
This position is responsible for coordinating and managing the commissioning of services in support of new manufacturing processes and new mechanical equipment.
SHIFT HOURS: Monday they Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Key responsibilities include:
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Planning and coordinating with local site management for installing and commissioning new production units and facility support equipment. Insuring the effective start up and transitioning of responsibilities to local teams
- Directs and manages contractors and other outside engineering and 3rd party service providers.
- Participates in the design of equipment and systems for manufacturing industrial chocolate.
- Support process and packaging factory line trials and R&D activities and commercialization efforts;
- Use AutoCAD and other software tools to review and design line layouts, line modifications and concept drawings;
- Prepares reports, flow diagrams and charts, specifically project Gannt charts, project plans, and cost tracking reports;
- Improve efficiency, output and safety of the plant, identify cost savings opportunities;
- Ensure processes work at the optimum levels, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet supply needs;
- Ensure environmental and all regulatory compliance within assigned projects;
- Ensure all aspects of an operation or process meet specified requirements;
- Liaising with other process, corporate engineers, and plant engineers working on associated plants and projects;
- Work closely with other specialists, including: personnel responsible for the quality control of raw materials, intermediates and finished products; engineers responsible for plant maintenance; commercial colleagues on product specifications and production schedules; and the operating crew;
- Manage the cost and time constraints of projects;
- Provide engineering tasks, including training and documentation as required to ensure a project is executed and deliverables are achieved
- Create/provide preventative maintenance documents and list of suggested MRO spare parts for all new equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical) with at least 5-10 years relevant project management experience
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office and Project software and Windows Operating
- System, AutoCAD and similar design software
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and oversee the work of contractors and 3rd party engineering providers
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
What you can expect from Barry Callebaut:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- 12 paid holidays, generous PTO, plus your birthday off
- Environment that welcomes workplace flexibility
- An atmosphere where diversity is embraced, and inclusivity is second nature. We call it #OneBC! Just ask our champions with the Americas Women’s Forum and the Racial Equality Forum!
- Ability to grow personally and professionally within an organization that values development and internal career growth
- Be part of our mission in making sustainability the norm through Forever Chocolate with priorities centered around prospering farmers, zero child labor, carbon and forest positive, and creating 100% sustainable ingredients in all of our products.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $81,000.00 - $121,900.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- project management: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location