CES Innovation Award Winner Black Box VR is looking for a senior Unity programmer to help take our game platform to the next level!
Who we are
At Black Box, we create the future of fitness! We combine the myriad health benefits of resistance training with the quick reward loops of mobile gaming to provide an immersive, ever-evolving VR experience that keeps our members coming back into the gym! Black Box VR tracks every aspect of member workouts and delivers a quantified-self style report showing progress over time, next milestones, and more. Black Box VR uses learning algorithms to track each workout performance and adjusts our patented resistance subsystem to keep progressing Black Box VR members in achieving their fitness goals!
- 5+ Years of experience
- Experience with publishing cross platform games/apps to Apple Store & Google Play
- Experience working with international contract developers and maintaining team focus on edge cases and polish
- Object Oriented Programming
- Git + Unity and their associated quirks
- Portfolio of medium-large game/app credits showing a high level of polish
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Write clean code with a constant eye on performance.
- Focus on reusable architecture and OOP design principles.
- Take ownership of features from prototype to a highly polished production state.
- Improve, make suggestions and raise the bar on any code you work with.
- Demonstrate proficiency in debugging and performance profiling.
- Reviewing other developers code and having your code reviewed.
- Experience working with GameSparks
- Experience working with AWS, Dynamo DB & Stripe
- AAA game credits.
- A degree in CS, engineering, data science, or mathematics.
- Passion for fitness and resistance training.
\*Salary commensurate with experience.
\*\*Remote candidates from the US and Canada will be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Work Location: One location