Hanson is rated a TOP 5 place to work! $10,000 signing bonus and relocation assistance available for this position!
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit that wants to take their career to the next level.
Our new teammate will lead or assist with a broad variety of traffic engineering services including micro-simulation, travel demand modeling, intersection and interchange design studies, safety analysis, traffic studies, intersection control evaluations, traffic signal and interconnect plans, and preparation of reports. Our traffic engineering staff is expected to apply creative problem solving skills to assist various markets and regions on high profile, technically challenging, traffic and planning studies. This position provides leadership opportunities related to developing new business, task and project management, and potentially leading staff as the team grows. This opportunity is your chance to be a part of Hanson's growing traffic engineering and transportation planning team.
This position is slated for one of Hanson’s offices in Texas (Austin, Corpus Christi, Brownsville), or Indiana (Indianapolis).
A Day in the Life of a Traffic Engineer at Hanson
Here’s a snapshot of what you would do in this role:
- Concept development using modeling data, geometric design, and safety engineering.
- Assist with marketing and project pursuits.
- Delivering traffic engineering and transportation planning studies on time and within budget.
- Assist in traffic signal design and construction drawing preparation.
- Continued technical advancement of Hanson’s traffic engineering practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expand the geographic reach of our traffic engineering and planning services.
- Provide guidance and training to junior staff.
- Task and project management.
- Develop new service areas.
What We’re Looking For
We feel the following qualifications would set you up for success in this role:
- Analyzing intersections and corridors using Highway Capacity Software and Synchro.
- Understanding of the Highway Safety Manual and Highway Capacity Manual.
- Familiarity with Vissim, Visum, Cube, and/or TransCAD preferred.
- Designing intersections and interchanges using the latest version of MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Communicating complex technical concepts to engineers, clients, and public stakeholders.
- Building effective relationships with internal and external client bases.
- Working independently and as a team member to problem solve and learn new technical skills.
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance and leadership to junior team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in traffic / transportation engineering or civil engineering.
- A minimum of 7 years of traffic engineering experience.
- Candidate must possess a Professional Engineer’s license.
- Candidates with a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification preferred.
- Candidate with DOT experience preferred.
Working at Hanson:
- Collaborate remotely with colleagues in other offices.
- Candidate must be willing to accept out-of-town travel assignments.
- Must be willing to work overtime to meet project demands when needed.
Relocation Assistance Offered + $10,000 Signing Bonus
Our focus on people means we offer a generous benefits program to help you create a solid foundation for health and security throughout your career, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance bonuses
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Comprehensive health & well-being plans
- Financial wellness plans
- Work-life balance programs
Want to know more? Visit our benefits page for all the details.
We understand that selecting a job is about more than the day-to-day tasks. It’s important to feel like you belong and safe to grow and progress along your career path. You’ll find that at Hanson. We have an inclusive, diverse workforce awaiting to connect with you and numerous opportunities to cultivate your career, including:
- Monthly educational webinars
- Leadership training
- Lunch & learn development sessions
- 24/7 access to thousands of skill-building courses
- Mentorship opportunities
- Award-winning internship program
- Employee recognition
- And so much more!
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERAN
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies/staffing firms. Resumes are only accepted from recruiters and agency/staffing firms if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Do you now, or will you in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US?
Work Location: Multiple Locations