Modernus is an architectural product company, specializing in the design and installation of office glass partitions and architectural products in the US and abroad.
We work with most of the major architectural companies nationwide and develop our own product lines in house.
We are currently seeking a person for full time position as an estimator for our office in New York.
We are looking for a person who wants to be part of a team of dedicated professionals, ready to be working on the next big thing. We are a fun, hard working team. We are industrial designers, nuts for cool products. We work with the biggest talent pool of designers and architects nationwide.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
- Prepare scopes of work from plans and specifications
- Request clarifications in scope and specifications from Architect
- Perform quantity take-offs and create schedules
- Create and remit requests for bids to subcontractors and suppliers
- Analyze bids for accuracy and completeness, request corrections when necessary
- Formulate prices in line with pricing guidelines
- Ensure projects are on time and installed to client's satisfaction
- Work with PMs and Site Supers to create change orders for ongoing projects
- Work with PMs and Accounting to maintain budgets for ongoing projects- Analyze bid vs. actual cost for completed projects
- Update take offs and bids to convert them to actual orders for manufacturing plans
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Solid Microsoft Office Excel required, including ability to work with large databases
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications in full detail
- Ability to research, price and collaborate with engineers on new specs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is absolutely essential
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in several areas on several projects--consistently
- Meeting deadlines--and making sure others meet them--is key
- Drafting and/or take-off software (BluBeam, etc.) familiarity a plus
- Bachelor degree in an engineering related field.
The job is based in NYC but the person needs to be available to travel to different job sites around the country, possibly internationally.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $56,816.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Excel: 3 years (Required)
- Estimating: 3 years (Required)
- New York, NY 10001 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19