Senior Mining Engineer – Wyoming, Colorado, or Montana
Trihydro, a mid-sized engineering and environmental consulting firm with a national footprint, is seeking an experienced mining engineer to join our team focused on mining and mineral development projects throughout the United States. As a member of our team, you will develop solutions for mining and industrial clients and for state and federal agencies that address mine development, permitting, infrastructure and operations, and closure/reclamation. If you are up to the challenge of addressing the diverse needs of our mining clients, we encourage you to join our team.
In this role you will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, developing new business, client and project management, mentoring junior and mid-level staff, developing and/or overseeing design, administering construction and managing construction support, technical report writing, and providing peer review for deliverables. You will also assist the management team in strategic planning relative to mining services.
You will have the option to be based in one of our Wyoming, Montana, or Colorado offices. These offices are sited ideally for supporting clients in the mining industry, while also supporting an exceptionally high quality of life.
We encourage you to apply if:
- You have 15 years of mining-relevant experience
- Relevant experience includes, among other experience, knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations affecting the mining industry, developing and updating/maintaining mine permit documents, designing civil infrastructure for mine operations, designing mine-specific facilities, supporting environmental monitoring and reporting, and/or designing or managing mine reclamation and closure, including monitoring and maintenance through bond release
- You have a BS degree, or preferably a MS degree in mining, civil, geological, or environmental engineering or a related field
- You are a strong communicator, both orally and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members
- You are a Professional Engineer
- You possess strong technical and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail, accuracy and completeness, as well as a commitment to producing high-quality deliverables
- You have experience and the ability to develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships
- You have the experience and ability to prepare and review technical proposals
- You have an interest and ability to travel to client locations and other Trihydro offices
- You understand the importance of time management and possess excellent organization skills
- You have a strong driving record and a commitment to safe operations
This job is for you if:
- You desire career-growth opportunities and are interested in playing an integral role in a growing team and company
- You want to be part of a dynamic company that treats its team members like family
- You value working with others to achieve goals that make a difference to our clients and our communities
- You want to be part of growing a team of technical experts serving as a leader and mentor
- You are committed to meeting business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule requirements, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal contract requirements
At Trihydro, our approach to work is honest and hard-working. You’ll find a company culture that is dedicated to excellence, nurtures collaboration and growth, and still finds plenty of time for fun! Some of the benefits of joining our team include:
- Robust health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and prescription)
- Industry-leading 401(k) retirement plan, including a 10% match by Trihydro
- Comprehensive paid time off including vacation, flex, sick, and holiday pay
- Wellness program, including reimbursement for gym membership or related expenses
- Staff mentoring and opportunities for professional/career advancement
- Best-in-class safety culture built to protect our employees – the mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters who deserve to go home safely each night
This is a full-time position averaging 40-45 hours per week. Interested candidates should apply at https://www.trihydro.com/about-us/careers with their application, resume, and cover letter addressed to Trihydro’s Recruiting Team.
Trihydro is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected Veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- environmental monitoring & maintenance: 10 years (Preferred)
- mining-relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
- designing civil infrastructure for mine operations: 10 years (Preferred)
- State and Federal regulations affecting the mining industry: 10 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan