General Position Summary:
As a Web Developer with MB&G, you will be a key player on our software development team, delivering end-to-end data management solutions to a wide range of clients in natural resource and related fields. You will have an opportunity to build innovative web apps that solve challenging technical problems. You will be a critical member of our software development team and will work closely with subject matter experts in the fields of forestry, biology, environmental science, planning and economics. Your role will be to develop and support web applications built on our company’s pioneering web framework that combines best-in-class Open Source Content Management Systems (CMS) with enterprise mapping solutions (GIS). In this role, you will perform the following tasks:
- Work as part of a small software development team to design, create and enhance web applications for real-world data management and analysis.
Skills and Experience:
- 2 years+ experience with web development
- Experience using REST APIs and JSON
- Experience using PHP and Drupal
- Experience with SQL (MySQL or similar)
- Experience with Git and modern software development workflows
- Comfortable meeting with internal & external project stakeholders, including discussing scope, requirements, design, schedules and issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a small, fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Experience in UI, UX and graphic design
- Experience with mapping technologies including ArcGIS, Leaflet, GeoJSON, Google Maps, Mapbox, etc.
Mason, Bruce and Girard, Inc. is one of the oldest Natural Resources Consulting firms in the country. We consistently uphold values of technical expertise, professionalism, and quality in every aspect of our business. MB&G has experienced significant growth over the past few years while maintaining a worldwide reputation for excellence.
Click here http://www.masonbruce.com/careers/join-our-team or visit the Careers section of our website to send us your resume.
Mason, Bruce & Girard is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action. MB&G’s written Affirmative Action Plan is available to all employees and job applicants upon request.
MB&G is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity