Leonardo DRS, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Principal Software Engineer
Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget. Ability to complete a technical project independently. Mentor and coach other engineers. This position w ill develop software to further harden DRS’s trusted computing platforms. Will be involved with the design, development, analysis, testing and debugging of BIOS, UEFI and other hardening elements of the computing system. Determines hardware compatibility. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Contributes to proposals as well as presentation for design reviews.
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Ability to complete a technical project independently
- Mentor and coach other engineers.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
- Analyze designs as necessary
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 8 years of experience
Mastery of technologies and domain knowledge
CE degree w minimum 5 years industry experience
Linux kernel development
Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) development
EFI Development Kits EDK1 and EDK2
Software Security and Vulnerability Analysis
Computer Hardware Architecture
Possess or obtain Secret Clearance
Strong Process orientation
DOD life cycle
Effective communication skills
Familiar with Phoenix BIOS
Familiar with cryptography, asymmetric and symmetric encryption and OpenSSL
Familiar Internet Protocol security (IPSEC)
Familiar with Key management in Linux
Familiar with Hardware security (TCG Specs, TPM, Opal, Boot Guard)
Familiar with SE Linux
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LEL