CPP - Industry has an immediate need for our Investment Casting Foundry!
Engineer will be the lead for casting development. This includes but is not limited to: Planning, gating development, establishing foundry parameters, and work instructions. Therefore managerial skills are critical. Engineer needs to be capable of working with all Microsoft Office software. Good working skills in using SolidWorks CAD software, blueprint reading, tooling design / manufacturing and strong knowledge of the dimensional aspect of the castings environment. Other tools like SolidCast for solidification analysis and PolyWorks for dimensional analysis will be available as tools used to enhance the casting process and geometry. You will also be required to participate as a member of Continuous Improvement Teams.
The objectives are to improve and/or repair existing casting processes, and/or as part of a cost cutting initiative.
- To lead improvement initiative of the properties of various alloys.
- To lead investigations and determine root cause on material qualification failures
- To lead investigations and determine root cause on mechanical properties failures on various alloys.
- To maintain the collaboration with material suppliers on vacuum alloys
- To communicate progress/results through written detailed technical reports as well as oral presentations to management and peers
Essential Job Function:
Will lead large structural aerospace turbine engine components. Responsible for the development of stainless and super alloy castings with an extension of customer specification air and vacuum alloys. Planning, gating development, establishing foundry parameter, work instructions and customer interfacing.
- Education: Post- secondary education/bachelor’s degree/master’s degree
- Exceptional organizational skills and reporting at various levels of leadership
- Knowledge of GD&T required
- Knowledge of laser scanning & Polyworks a plus
- Good working knowledge of INCO, Cobalt base Super Alloys, 17-4, 300 series Stainless Steels
- Microsoft’s Word, Excel and Project
- Aerospace/castings engineering drawing interpretation a must
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply