**For Enlistment Purposes Only**
Geospatial engineers are responsible for using geographic data that supports military/civilian operations for Disaster Relief and Homeland Security. They collect, analyze and distribute geospatial information to represent the terrain and its possible effects.
- * Extract geographic data from satellite imagery, aerial photography and field reconnaissance
- * Create geographic data and compile them into maps
- * Help commanders visualize the battlefield
- * Create and maintain multiple geospatial databases
- * Prepare military-style briefs covering all aspects of the terrain
Job training for a geospatial engineer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 20 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field with on-the-job instructions, including on-the-job instruction for geographic information systems.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Basic knowledge of Geographic Information Systems
- Imagery interpretation and exploitation
- Must be a US citizen or I-551 card holder.
- Must be between the age of 17-34,
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass a criminal background check with no open law violations.
- Must pass drug screen.
- No felony
- Must currently be in good health with no physical limitations.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses
Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Signing bonus, Paid time off, Flexible schedule, Parental leave, Relocation assistance, Professional development assistance, Tuition reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $25,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement