To support the apparel product development process of the assigned business unit (BU).
- Assist in the seasonal project management process for assigned products, with an emphasis on quality product development and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with applicable operating calendar
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional team partners; Design, Marketing, Materials, Quality, Costing, Pattern, and Sourcing.
Translates design vision and consumer needs into product which supports the Business Units’ product strategy.
- Manage handover from design to T1 to ensure that all information provided to T1 is complete. Manage T1 feedback to design and marketing and incorporate where quality or cost can be improved without sacrificing product aesthetics.
- Learn costing process in accordance with costing procedures and participate in costing milestone reviews.
- Learn and ensure all Reebok quality standards are followed for materials, and development samples.
- Evaluate all samples for quality, compliance with AD, desired function, market appeal and production feasibility.
- Participate in fit sessions and provide feedback as needed.
- Communicate and manage all necessary information with T1 and cross-functional team, supporting on time Buy Ready for all assigned projects.
- Review and sign-off complete AD including all related documents prior to buy ready dates. Ensure conformity to published policies for the final legal product AD.
- Manage any projects as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Design, Marketing and Product Operations – Development, Materials, Costing, Pattern
- T1 – Merchandising
- Liaison Office – Merchandising, Technical Services, Costing, Country Managers
Requisite Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of material construction and related testing
- Knowledge of wear and physical product testing
- Knowledge of production garment construction and manufacturing
- Knowledge of costing and ability to negotiate
- Effective communication
- Understanding of the respective vision and strategy for the brand.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Strong IT skills (MS Office) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems
- Domestic and International Travel as required
- Degree in clothing manufacturing/technology or comparable degree from a textile school,
- 1-3 years minimum related work experience in garment/textile industry