Position Title: Process Engineer
Reports to: Operations Director
Location: Greer, SC
Responsible for designing and implementing manufacturing processes, equipment and plants (from pilot to operational). Also responsible for running experiments and tests to aid in the development of improved manufacturing procedures and processes.
- Provides process engineering expertise and leadership in the following areas:
- Identifies improvements to the manufacturing process and provides appropriate plans for such improvements.
- Identifies opportunities in environmental, electrical, mechanical, production, safety, tooling and quality control areas and provides appropriate solutions for the same.
- Determines alternative solutions and presents to plant management.
- Prepares drawings and identification of special equipment and vendors of equipment.
- Participates in equipment selection for projects. Works with vendors of assigned new equipment for projects assigned.
- Supervises installation of assigned projects.
- Designs and develops all tools. Prepares and/or supervises preparation of tool drawings. Investigates and corrects tool failures.
- Coordinates needed spare parts with plant leadership.
- Designs and runs experiments and tests to aid in the development of improved manufacturing procedures and processes. * Coordinates activities of outside contractors as required.
- Participates in product design changes.
- Experienced with value stream mapping, initiating and leading Kaizen events, Design of Experiments (DOE), and capacity utilization studies.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline
- Comprehensive knowledge of administrative and management functions such as planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling, electrical & mechanical equipment, process flow techniques, and state and federal health, environmental and safety rules and regulations.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Knowledge of computerized systems.
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical workings of a variety of production machinery
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma (Green Belt of Black Belt) are a plus
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Supervisory experience
- Project Management experience
- Five years or more experience with plastics
- Ability to consult on complex projects
- May lead and direct the work of others
- Ability to analyze problems and make independent judgment to make recommendations for corrective action or resolution.
- Ability to utilize various personal computers within a LAN environment, including spreadsheet, word processing, database, graphics software, and auto cad systems.
Job Type: Full-time
- plastics: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement