Representing the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or microchips. This position will be based in Wilton, CT. We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer to join the Development and Engineering department. You will design and develop mechanics for some of the highest precision products ever produced in the world.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for developing portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling. You will work on sub-systems involving robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics, and/or optomechanics. You will need to consider kinematics, dynamics, material properties, and structural, dynamic, and thermal analysis. Precision machine design starts with understanding the functional requirements and deriving specifications.
You will collaborate with system architects in a multidiscipline project team to develop concepts, perform engineering analysis, build, and test prototypes, generate detail CAD designs, create engineering drawings, partner with suppliers, and support system integration and test.
We are seeking an individual with a strong background in mechanical design and engineering, including taking responsibility of the full “art to part” development cycle. A background in mechanical design of mechatronics, precision design, or complex optical systems is desirable, as well as good complex mechanical system intuition.
- 0 – 5 years of experience.
- Mechanical design exposure to kinematics, dynamics, material properties and behavior, and structural analysis.
- Experience with 3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization.
- Basic experience with mechanical analytical techniques, including “first principle” engineering equations and Finite Element Analysis such as stress/strain/deformation, modal response, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and make practical recommendations.
- Strong technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups including senior leadership.
- High energy self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn.
- Customer oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers daily.
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics with commitment to achieve results on time.
- Potential to develop into a technical leader in the organization. Personal skills
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency, and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise, and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, coworkers, and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Internship
Pay: From $40.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location