POSITION: Electrical Engineer
COMPANY: Hailiang Copper Texas Inc.
LOCATION: Sealy, TX
DEPARTMENT: Equipment & Energy
DIRECT REPORTS: No
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the maintenance, overhaul, and troubleshooting of the entire plant's electrical equipment, to ensure the stability of the equipment and the smooth progress of production.
Electrical Technical Support:
- Responsible for the technical support of all electrical engineering, solve all the electrical technical problems raised by the site and the company, and provide solutions to all kinds of electrical technical problems, to provide the required technical information and data indicators;
- Responsible for dealing with the electrical failures in time to ensure the smooth operation of electrical equipment;
- Statistics, analysis, and control of downtime and maintenance costs in the area of responsibility;
- Responsible for the preparation of electrical equipment maintenance(overhaul) plan, carry out the implementation of equipment periodic fixed point inspection and preventive maintenance;
- Make daily point inspection plans and supervise the inspection and maintenance work of electricians;
- Responsible for the installation, commissioning, wiring, power outage, and power transmission of electrical equipment in the whole plant;
- Responsible for guiding and improving the operation skills of machine operators to make the operation skilled and improving the production efficiency;
- Organize technical training for electricians.
Electrical design and modification:
- Carry out technical transformation and upgrading of electrical equipment, use innovative methods to improve equipment efficiency, reduce the equipment failure rate, optimize equipment performance and reduce the cost;
Electrical documents preparation and revision
- Standardize equipment operating procedure and workflow
Electrical Parts Management
- Prepare to make reasonable electrical material use plans;
- Responsible for the usage statistics, maintenance, and spare-parts-control of tooling, consumables, energy consumption, to reduce production cost and ensure normal production;
- Responsible for the inspection and acceptance of electrical components.
- Responsible for the regular safety inspection of equipment, to meet the ISO system requirements, to ensure safety production;
- Identification of the company's hazards and environmental factors, and the formulation of emergency response plans, in accordance with laws, regulations, and other requirements;
· Wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as required;
· Responsible for implementing 5S site management methods in the workplace;
· Be familiar with the performance, theory of use, repair, and maintenance knowledge of equipment and tooling;
· Complete the process documents, comply with process discipline;
· Cooperate with the company to achieve operational performance indicators;
· Ensure company compliance with all OSHA regulations and HCTI policies, procedures, and rules;
· Fulfill any other or temporary tasks assigned by company management;
· Complete other work assigned by immediate superior;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Required: Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree or above in Electrical Engineering or other related fields;
· Preferred: Major in electrical engineering and the automatization specialty.
· Required: At least three years of experience in electrical automatization related work in the manufacturing industry.
· Preferred: At least three years of working experience in the copper processing industry.
· Proficient in the electrical automation knowledge, low voltage control theory, transmission control theory, understand high voltage control theory;
S*KILLS AND ABILITIES: *
- Proficient in the electrical automation knowledge, low voltage control theory, transmission control theory, understand high voltage control theory;
- Familiarity with relevant State and Federal laws and regulations, possessing all relevant legal knowledge required for the performance of duties;
- Proficient in Siemens PLC(Program Logic Control) system, DCS(Distributed Control System), and other electrical control systems;
- Familiar with high/low voltage electrical components, such as sensors, switches, contactors, and other electrical components;
- Ability to draw electrical schematic diagram;
- Ability to program and debug Siemens PLC system and HMI (Human Machine Interface);
- Have the transmission debugging ability for the inverter and servo independently;
- Ability to maintain equipment and be able to maintain and overhaul the equipment regularly and on time;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and other job-related office software;
- Preferred: Fluency in English and Chinese as a working language.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Creative thinker with the ability to seek solutions with a sense of urgency;
- Communicate and coordinate effectively in a small team environment;
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, sit, stand, bend and stoop. May be required to lift, carry or push/pull supplies, materials, equipment, and/or items weighing up to 70 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance