DAS is seeking a junior level software engineer/programmer to become an integral part of our team on the Synthetic Scenario Generation Trainer Scenario Controls program. Successful candidates will conduct innovative software development on projects supporting Trainer Scenario Controller for various Naval Combat Training Systems for our customer at Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock, MD. Projects will entail execution of scientific, engineering and technical services required for the design, development, integration, test, fleet implementation and maintenance of Trainer Scenario Controls utilized in Synthetic Scenario Generation based training simulation systems. This position offers the opportunity to work on leading edge Navy Combat System Training Systems. Efforts include software design and development for operator controls, design and development of software interfaces to externally developed simulation subsystems, tactical subsystems, and external trainer or scenario interfaces for connecting training systems or subsystems into a commonly executable training environment. Efforts include all phases of the software development life-cycle conducted via an Agile software development process using C, C++, Java, python and various other languages. Specifically, this effort will focus on maintaining and updating current capabilities and maintaining, updating, and developing new capabilities for the common Acoustic Instructor Console (AIC) software subsystem utilized with the All World Environment Simulation (AWESIM) acoustic simulation and the Periscope Simulation (PSIM) visual simulation across Submarine, Surface Ship, Surveillance, and Air Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) training, testing, and analysis system builds and configurations.
- Analyze technology/capability gaps, research, develop, and deploy software solutions
- Work with project leads to define sprints and associated deliverables
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Conduct integration, test, bug fixes, and other software maintenance activities
- Assist in the creation of technical documentation and user guides in support of developed software
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Math, Physical Sciences, or Computer Science
- 0-2 years of experience in software development
- Applied experience with Java, Python, C+, C
- Experience programming in a Linux environment
- Must be a US Citizen for clearance regulations. Please do not apply if you do not have US Citizenship.
- Highly desired: Active or inactive US DoD security clearance.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and detail-oriented with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- This position is open for immediate hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Object Oriented Development: 1 year (Preferred)
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative