We are currently seeking Machine Learning Software Engineers/Researchers to play a pivotal role in fulfilling our mission to make critical systems trustworthy.
Galois engineers participate in one or more projects concurrently, and specific roles vary greatly according to skills, interests, and company needs. Machine learning engineers develop high impact solutions, with scientists and other engineers to solve complex problems, invent and prototype new technology. Your role may include: technology research and development, requirements gathering, implementation, testing, verification, validation, infrastructure development, project leadership, and/or supporting new business development.
Skills & Requirements
Required Technical Expertise:
- Education – Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent. Preference will be given to candidates with an MS or PhD in CS or a related field.
Desired Technical Expertise:
- Must have hands-on experience developing software and/or performing computer science research.
- Must have demonstrated experience in data driven modeling and evaluation working with large data sets.
- Must have experience with machine learning software packages (e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano, Torch), SQL and NoSQL databases, and similar technologies and tools.
- Academic and/or industry experience with standard AI, ML, and data science techniques. Experience with scientific thinking and long and short term research projects.
- Fluency in one or more programming languages.
Required General Skills
- Must work well with customers, including building rapport, identifying needs, and communicating with strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Must be highly motivated and able to self-manage to deadlines and quality goals.
Our engineers design and develop advanced technologies for safety- and security-critical systems, networks, and applications. Engineers work in small team settings and must successfully interact with clients, partners, and other employees in a highly cooperative, collaborative, and intellectually challenging environment.
Galois develops technology to guarantee the trustworthiness of systems where failure is unacceptable. We apply cutting edge computer science and mathematics to advance the state of the art in software and hardware trustworthiness. At Galois, we maintain a unique organizational structure tailored to the needs of the innovative projects we deliver. Our organizational structure is collaborative, one-level flat, and based on principles of well-defined accountabilities and authorities, transparency, and stewardship. We aspire to provide employees with something that matters to them beyond just a paycheck — whether it be opportunities to learn, career growth, a sense of community, or whatever else brings them value as a person.
We believe in individual freedom in the roles we choose, and in the projects we pursue — our research focus areas are the intersection of staff interests and corporate strategy. We choose practices that best suit the project, team, and leaders, with company-wide standards kept to a minimum to ensure we are making the right choices for the situation rather than just business-as-usual choices. For more on our organizational structure, visit Life at Galois.
We’re looking for people who can invent, learn, think, and inspire. We reward creativity and thrive on collaboration. If you are interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to us.
Position may include access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export control requirements under the ITAR or the EAR.