Electronics Control Engineer
Job Code/ Req#: Location:
Job Summary: This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the electronic and CAN Bus control systems on the Trackmobile. The Controls Engineer will be involved in the design of new Trackmobile product lines to meet the market and customer needs. This position will also work with Sales and Service Departments to resolve any problems or specific requirements needed on existing machines in the field or new machine orders. Role and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for the electronic and CAN Bus control systems on the Trackmobile. This includes the engine, transmission, and related onboard operating systems.
- Oversees the design, analysis, selection of components and assemblies that will produce a machine or feature that meets and exceeds the customer’s requirement. Interpret marketing performance requirements into design criteria to determine engineering direction.
- When needed, review machine orders with the Sales Department for accuracy.
- Search for and apply creative solutions to advance product technology and attain a competitive product advantage. Encourage innovation and creativity in the solution of problems and identify patentable designs.
- Manage and schedule the calculations and design work to be compatible with release dates and/or meet production schedules. Schedule releases in the order required by manufacturing and purchasing lead times.
- Ensure designs result in minimum cost, consistent with production capabilities and specification requirements.
- Works to always meet internal and external customer expectations by fully applying oneself to the task involved, preventing errors, and developing and implementing specific improvements to the processes.
- Eventually direct and review work of designers and detailers reporting to this position along with performance appraisals.
- Be familiar with safety regulations and other governing regulations and ensure product compliance to these regulations.
- Support production and service in day-to-day issues.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical specifics to peers and customers.
- Writing skills for preparing manuals, parts lists, proposals, and design documentation
- Ability to supervise Technicians or Engineers.
- Focus and concentration to understand complex electrical systems.
- Self-motivation to keep up with current electrical advances using new technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of the electrical and/or instrument/control craft
- Time-management skills for meeting deadlines
Required skills / Education:
4-year engineering degree in Electrical, Control Systems, or similar field preferred.
5-7 years of professional electronic/controls engineering experience
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Electronic/controls engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Can Bus control system: 1 year (Preferred)