If you’re ready to take on a fresh challenge, grow your career and contribute to supporting homeland defense and armed services, Wilcox Industries is ready to help you achieve your goals. We are currently seeking a full-time Software Engineer to be responsible for the design, development and implementation of electrical test equipment for the production floor. Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, this position provides a weekly status on all ongoing test development projects and makes recommendations concerning all aspects of the projects and works directly with the Director of Research and Development, all Engineering disciplines and Project Management to meet project timeliness and goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review assigned project requirements and Statement of Work documents.
- Provide information to develop timelines for individual projects.
- Determine necessary tools to meet project timelines.
- Develop/write Software Architecture requirements.
- Develop/write Software flow diagrams and charts.
- Recommend Electronic Hardware components.
- Create technical specifications and product test plans.
- Develop/write modular, well documented and dedicated Software per the product requirements.
- Work with software repositories and issue tracking tools from project start through production release into sustaining.
- Provide Software files for product release including complete documentation, release notes and support user for manual updates, software quality testing, and production incorporation. This may include software product packaging for customer installation on proprietary hardware or common platforms (PC, tablet, phone, etc.).
- Participate in the Hardware /Software integration and product performance testing.
- Participate in functional validation testing.
- Assist in the assembly of prototype units.
- Develop prototype testing procedures.
- Develop production testing procedures.
- Provide weekly progress reports on projects.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 10+ years of total experience
- A complete criminal background form on file at the time of an offer acceptance
- 3-5 years of experience writing applications with LabVIEW
- Self starter able to complete projects with minimal supervision with multiple deadlines and tight time constraints.
- Certified LabVIEW Architect/Developer a plus.
- Capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Proficient with WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of 10 years education, training, and experience
Wilcox Industries employs an innovative approach to every project it encounters and inspires creative solutions. With over 80 patents and 69 more pending, Wilcox is a vertically enabled operation housed in a modern, 220,000 square foot engineering and manufacturing facility in Newington, NH. Our state-of-the-art design tools, advanced prototyping, fabricating test equipment and team approach enables us to provide our customers with an unmatched responsiveness and quality without compromise.
Wilcox Industries offers a competitive compensation package for employees, including 401(k), health and welfare benefits, and a technically challenging work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Relocation Assistance Provided:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply