Fernway is a cannabis vape brand with its financial and accounting department facility located in Northampton, Massachusetts. The company is a dynamic, rapidly-growing cannabis start-up. The job is a full-time on-site job.
The Director of Data & Systems will be a critical member of the Finance & Operations team that will be responsible for managing external parties such as engineers, vendors and analysts. They will be responsible for making insights from data more readily available to key managers across the organization.
Fernway is dedicated to building a diverse team and committed to promoting equity among people of color, particularly Black, African American, Hispanic, Latinx, Indigenous people, women, Veterans, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people. Members of these groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Liaise between third party Data & Systems Architect and internal Fernway stakeholders
- Manage outsourced software engineers that will be developing Fernway’s data warehouse / SQL database; the cleaning & reconciliation processes for various data sources
- Serve as the principal administrator of Salesforce, Fernway’s Inventory Management System (Roshi.me), Google Drive
- Serve as primary contact with outsourced IT vendor
- Manage data entry analysts
- Data manipulation, report generation and dashboard management for executive team & managers across the organization
- Coordinate with the Operations, Finance & Sales Departments to support forecasting and budgeting
- Develop and document business & operational processes
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks Online, Salesforce, Microsoft Office, and Inventory Management Systems required
- Think strategically about the accounting & inventory systems in place and recommend process and system changes as necessary
- Lead IT procurement and onboarding for new hires
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Excitement at the prospect of supporting the growth of one of the fastest growing companies in the cannabis industry
- Experience working in a data visualization tool, such as Looker
- Experience with the entire ETL process including databases, data integration tools, and cloud based big data platforms
- A high degree of integrity and ethical conduct
- Experience with pivot tables, complex Excel formulas, etc.
- SQL & Power Pivot experience preferred
- Enterprise Level Accounting Software experience (NetSuite, SageIntact, etc.)
- Experience reporting directly to a C-Suite member preferred
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and organizational skills required
- Strong analytical skillset required with Excel
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to be vaccinated and boosted.
Work Location: Multiple Locations