This position is responsible for developing core technology for critical new products to support strategic growth of both Rod End/Spherical Bearing & Rolling Element Bearing (REB) products and testing. Support from initial R&D stages to TRL 6 launch to manufacturing, ensuring on-time, crisp results, Interface with all levels in NHBB divisions and 3rd party resources on development projects. Develop technical analysis capabilities and support regarding product design, development & analysis. Develop products in a structured product development process, progress projects according to the project schedule, work with vendors and other internal departments to ensure deadlines are met. Design, fabrication, integration and optimization of custom equipment including mechanical, electrical/electronic and pneumatic elements.
Education and Training Requirements
- BSME/BSMET with a minimum 4 years experience.
- Background in design and troubleshooting for mechanical components and systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a dynamic environment with ever changing roles and priorities.
- Microsoft Project, Powerpoint, database management, public speaking & presentation, results driven.
- LabView, SQL/Database, MATLAB experience a plus.
- Bearing design, failure analysis, and or/testing a plus.
- Product design analysis, product failure analysis, Solidworks, Finite Element Analysis, Jones. Etc.
- Hands on prototyping skills using basic shop tools and equipment.
- Occasional travel may be required, both domestic and abroad.