About Apotex Inc.
Apotex Inc. is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines for patients around the world. Apotex employs almost 8,000 people worldwide in manufacturing, R&D, and commercial operations. Apotex Inc. exports to more than 100 countries and territories and operates in more than 45 countries, with a significant presence in Canada, the US, Mexico, and India. Through vertical integration, Apotex is comprised of multiple divisions and affiliates including Apotex Inc., focused on generics; Apobiologix, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on biosimilar development; Aveva, an affiliate of Apotex Inc. fully integrated global developer and manufacturer of complete transdermal solutions; Apotex Consumer Products, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on brand name products; and Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (GAPI), a division of Apotex Inc. focused on the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for Apotex and third parties. For more information visit: www.apotex.com.
As a member of the Maintenance group, the Technician II, Plant Maintenance, is the contact person for any maintenance related activities on shift and responsible for the completion of work orders primarily for the manufacturing floor. Activities may include inspections, repairs and preventative maintenance on stirred tanks including gear boxes and mechanical seals, various types of pumps, filters, mills, oven / rotary dryers, utility systems including vacuum pumps, cooling towers, chillers and boilers amongst other processing equipment. The technician must be able to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair problems relating to mechanical machinery for all areas of in the facility with support from senior members of the maintenance team. This is a progression role typically achieved through successful performance to Technician III.
- Complete routine maintenance tasks, inspections and repairs, as assigned through work orders, on plant equipment and facility, and provide progress updates on a consistent basis to the supervisor.
- Responsible for solving mechanical, electrical and hydraulic issues on various production and facility equipment, including stirred tanks, pumps, filters, mills, oven / rotary dryers, utility systems and boilers.
- Perform preventative maintenance of plant equipment and completes required documentation.
- Complete required documentation in accordance with standard operating procedures and departmental policies, and good document practices.
- Troubleshoot basic mechanical breakdowns and seek guidance for complex mechanical issues.
- Complete deviation reports in a timely manner.
- At times, manage contractors ensuring site safety policies are followed and work is compliant.
- Regular day shift/afternoon rotating schedule
- Perform as part of the On-call rotation; required to live within 30 minutes of the Brantford facility to access site during maintenance emergencies.
- Works in a safe manner collaborating as a team member to achieve all outcomes.
- Demonstrate Behaviours that exhibit our organizational Values: Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance, and Passion.
- Ensure personal adherence with all compliance programs including the Global Business Ethics and Compliance Program, Global Quality policies and procedures, Safety and Environment policies, and HR policies.
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required
- Completion of relevant college or trade school courses are an asset
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates competency in basic mechanical repairs, including good dexterity
- Strong attention to detail, including a methodical approach to troubleshooting issues
- Basic computer skills to read work orders, track work notifications and log work performed
- Good written communication and experience completing documentation, including work orders and other forms
- Ability to diagnose equipment and utility related problems.
- Ability to use common maintenance tools in a safe and proper manner.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety act
- To be able to work independently and as a team member.
- 1-3 years experience in a maintenance or mechanical role
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical or food processing industry is an asset
We have adapted our recruitment strategy to ensure our staff and applicants are safe by conducting our interviews and onboarding online.
Other measures Apotex has put into place include (but are not limited to):
- staggering employee shifts to reduce the size of work groups
- modifying our cafeteria space to enhance social distancing, the implementation of additional cleaning and sanitization routines
- robust self-assessment and screening tools
- non-surgical masks for employees working in GMP areas
- travel restrictions
- strict visitor screening protocol
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $49,756.00-$60,813.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care