We are currently seeking reliable, energetic, hands on Chief Engineer/Maintenance Manager to become a part of our team. Background in HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing or Carpentry etc, is required. You will perform necessary work to keep mechanical equipment, and structure of an establishment in repair with “Do it now and yes I can” approach
This position is responsible for managing the operation of the hotel’s maintenance department while assisting with the daily repair and maintenance of the hotel’s physical plant in accordance with Company standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform maintenance and repairs in specialized areas such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC.
- Respond to and handle guest requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner. Monitor and maintain all engineering functions when full engineering staff is not available (i.e., weekends and evenings).
- Assist the General Manager with using business forecasts to set maintenance staff work schedules in accordance with budgeted labor costs. Adjust schedules as needed to meet business demands.
- Manage departmental expenses, including equipment and supply inventory, within budgeted guidelines. Explain causes for any budget variance and take corrective action to avoid future variance occurrences.
- Visually inspect rooms and public areas to ensure that work orders are properly completed according to Company standards.
- Supervise and perform routine maintenance throughout the property, to include necessary repairs on all hotel equipment, including kitchen, laundry, boiler, plumbing, pool, HVAC, electrical and guest rooms, etc.
- Supervise and perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, including the repair and/or replacement of air conditioning units.
- Supervise and perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture, fixtures, and equipment to include television sets, light fixtures, etc.
- Respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb threats, disasters and power failures; notify the appropriate authorities.
- Manage and perform all other duties in accordance with franchise standards to include: adherence to the work order process, and the preventative maintenance program and inspection/quality binder.
- Clean and maintain the hotel’s exterior areas, to include the swimming pool, parking lot, and all other aspects pertaining to the hotel’s overall landscape and curb appeal.
- Issue tools, equipment, and supplies to maintenance staff.
- Protect inventories and assets by properly securing tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Report safety concerns or requests for major repairs to the General Manager
- Associate Degree or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years of previous maintenance/engineering-related experience and previous supervisory experience. HVAC and pool certifications preferred.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have extensive knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills.
- Must display very good organization and time management skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to consistently work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects.
- Must have a clean driving record and a valid, current, and non-probationary driver’s license.
- Obtain any locally required certifications.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods, often for a minimum of 2 hours at a time.
- Must be able to frequently walk and climb/descend stairs approximately 50% of the time.
- Must have general dexterity for firm and simple grasping of objects. Some tasks, such as the use of small repair tools, may also require fine dexterity skills.
- Must be able to periodically kneel, reach, crawl, and twist torso as needed to accomplish required tasks.
- Must be able to push and/or pull approximately 60% of the time, to include when using a cart to carry linens, trash, tools, etc. or when operating equipment such as a lawnmower, pavement sweeper, wheelbarrow, etc.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance and a maximum of 140 pounds with assistance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 - $52,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
Company's Facebook page: