Journeys DDA in Idaho Falls, Idaho is looking for a motivated, positive individual to join our team. Be part of a great support system of other developers in the area as well as receive some of the best training. As a job developer you would be helping to make a positive impact on the lives of teenagers and adults with developmental disabilities.
You will work with these individuals and their families, guardians, or case workers to come up with a plan to find a job that fits the client's needs and interests. As a job developer you aid in the job search, assessments, evaluations, site development, and short-term job coaching. At Journeys DDA we are always striving to provide services that will improve daily life, goals, and skills of those we serve.
This is a part-time to full-time position and schedules are somewhat flexible. The atmosphere is fun, rewarding, and supports your success. Supervisors are happy to offer any advice and offer counsel that would assist you in a positive outcome with clients.
Bonuses: Be rewarded for the work that you are doing! $150/client job placement, $300 technology stipend
- Bachelor's degree or of equal experience
- Demonstrate the ability to read, write, and communicate/network with business owners
- Implement training programs for people with developmental disabilities
- Ability to life at least 50lbs
- Pass an Idaho State Criminal Background Check
- Reliable transportation
- Establish relationships with employers and clients
- Familiarize self with pertinent information on each individual business and HR staffing models
- Lead safety committee meetings as needed
- Assure compliance with all other safety requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Vocational Services
- Resolve concerns, questions, and comments presented by business owners and employers
- Develop a working relationship with vendors, Vocational Rehab, professionals, etc.
- Provide leadership to co-workers, model learned skills, and give feedback as needed
- Assume responsibility for clients when designated to do so
- Starting off at $15/hour
- Somewhat flexible schedule
Key Words: vocational, supported employment, direct care, disabilities, special needs, employment, career coaching
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Are you willing and able to pass a criminal background check?
- Please describe any relevant experience.
- Are you 18 years or older?
- People who have developmental disabilities benefit from consistency. Would you be able to commit to this position for at least a year?
- job development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations